Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: CF245 Taskalfa

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

CF245 Taskalfa

I'm writing because I couldn't find a thread for this issue. So I'm starting one to help others

Have a TaskAlfa 250ci erroring with CF245 and another with CF246. Straight out of the box. First boot. Error.

Couldn't find this error code in my error code list for Service Manual.

Spoke to Kyocera helpdesk. They say is out of date Firmwear and to upgrade.

Done. Success. Working. Takes about 1/2 hour to upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    CF245 Taskalfa

task alfa

most issues with the task alfa is firmware... those errors sound like toner empty... or not installed errors...
    Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too

Technician

Cf Codes, What do they mean!!

We had a japanese engineer at our location for a taskalfa and he said that the CF codes are programming fault codes for the engineers. He said that it is similar when you get a program that fails in windows and it ask to send a report to microsoft, that type of error. Kyocera tech support does not have a list of them. If it is happening all the time the engineers may tell them what the particular problem is or the try and fix it with firmware. EX. Windows Update

I hope this helps

Doedee316

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    You have just explained more than the kyocera trained engineer we have. More than the Kyocera engineer that comes from Kyocera when we have a problem and more than just about anyone else.

Buggy and unstable. I love the Windows analogy.

The company stopped selling the Task Alfa at one point due to problems with the fax unit. Put the fax option in a 400 and kill it. Upgrade the firmware no change. Take the fax option out and you have a working copier.

Don't get me wrong. I like the Task Alfa. I like the look. I like the image quality. I use it to print out my pictures.

It sounds like Kyocera factory doing a 1/2 arsed job. It's Friday night, haven't got the time. Let them sort it out in the field. Pushing more cost onto the customer.