Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Just a brick in the wall 100+ Posts Absurd's Avatar

Question FS-4000 with drag marks

I have a FS-4000 putting little drag marks down the page. You only notice it with a long line across the page. you can see little places where something is making marks through the line. They appear from one side to the other and their is no pattern down the page. It looks like something after fuser but when i replaced the fuser the problem stayed. If i stop paper half way through the fuser the part right after the fuser rollers has the lines but what i manually move through does not. Anyone seen anything like this?
    Southern Duplicating of Mississippi
    PSN: DrAbsurd (if you know you know)

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." [Samuel Adams]

Technician
    If these are vertical lines, I am guessing that you have a dirty Drum charge roller. This is a common problem. Clean the charge roller with water and a mild detergent (I went to Walmart and got a bottle of Fabuloso). Here is an old thread about my particular problem.

FS-4000 Drum Charge roller issues

Thanks but that is not what im talking about. if there is a long black line across the page like a divider then it will have 20-30 small white lines scratched out of them. ive replaced the fuser and the orginal call was dark on the sides of page so cleaning the mc roller was one of the first things I did. on the examples they had of the dark sides i didnt notice any of these marks but i was looking at the dark background down the side. i have caused a jam so that some of the paper was coming out of the fuser and some was still going in and everything coming out had the marks and everything that wasnt out did not have them. thats what led me to believe it was the fuser but changing the fuser on made it marginally better.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." [Samuel Adams]

Technician
    Ah, I see now. Not sure what could be causing you particular problem.

Are you ready for the answer to this one?

Imagine a sheet of school ruled paper but our copier made all the horizontal lines. Between the fuser and the drum all the lines are great. the moment it comes out of the fuser it has 40 to 50 little marks knocked out of the lines from one side to the other and all the way down the page on every line but not in a row like something raked them but random from line to line. everyone of these marks looked like the pic above. Turns out the Transfer Roller was shorting out just enough to make little toner dirt clods all across the line and as soon as it hit the pressure and heat of the fuser it exploded leaving a small divot pointing away from the fuser back toward the drum.