Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    task alfa donut holes

task alfa donut holes

Ok here is the deal... I have a task alfa 300... and it has spots all over the copies...

whether I use the plate glass or the document feeder... paper with text or paper without text... the spots appear... it could even be all white... I can rule out the fuser because well... I switched that out once... (long story)... my only options are the transfer belt... transfer roller and drums and developers. I can rule out the drums and developers becuase... when i copy plain white sheet spots are in the same place and i don't believe the drums are developers are used when copying a white sheet of paper... i can rule out the transfer roller becuase the spots are spaced out too far for that to be involved and are too consistent... in their spacing... that leaves me with the transfer belt... i tried reducing the magnification per kyocera webinar but that just makes plain awful look smaller but still plain awful... I am about to change the transfer belt but i would like to know if anyone here has had a similar problem and can recommend another approach... or option... oh and one more reason why i would say transfer belt... when you copy in black and white... the spots come out black...

well let me know your thoughts people... i am really open to any ideas...
    Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    task alfa donut holes

This is a known issue. It has been discussed in the webinars.

Since I haven't experienced it I don't remember what the fix is. The notes are on my desk at work. If you don't have an answer by Monday I'll post what I have.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    i believe that was corrected with firmware...but could be wrong..like above, my notes are at work.

task alfa donut holes

ok...

Quote Originally Posted by LNorris View Post
    i believe that was corrected with firmware...but could be wrong..like above, my notes are at work.
    I got firmware 6 in the machine...
    the notes tell you to reduce the magnification of the donut holes... i did that they get smaller... but do not go away... even when taken to extremes...

my question based on my first statement is this... are there any other options... if your notes make other reference to doing something besides changing holes magnification bring it on... but if not... do you think i should change something else other than the transfer belt...
    ??

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    It's U464 AC Calib Magnification: they default to 0 but can go from -10 to 5. I'd set them all to -10 to test it out, then go to U464 AC Calibration and set them all to ON and run the calibration. It takes 5-6 minutes and then wants you to restart the copier.

When I set our 250ci to -10, black had some light areas (U089 tests) and I still had donuts, so I went with -5 and then replaced dev units.

task alfa donut holes

slow to pickup

Quote Originally Posted by aragul View Post
    It's U464 AC Calib Magnification: they default to 0 but can go from -10 to 5. I'd set them all to -10 to test it out, then go to U464 AC Calibration and set them all to ON and run the calibration. It takes 5-6 minutes and then wants you to restart the copier.

When I set our 250ci to -10, black had some light areas (U089 tests) and I still had donuts, so I went with -5 and then replaced dev units.
    I did that on friday and it looked smaller but plain awful... today monday morning spots are gone... well I'll be a monkeys uncle... cool... just wanted to update you guys on what happened...