Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: KM 3530

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tcypy1961's Avatar

KM 3530

I posted a thread on this once before yet I have a few more questions. This customer called for toner I installed the toner and they called back saying the copier kept stopping saying to add toner then go into image cycle which I know is normal. The toner cartridge was from Katun. I had an earlier problem with a Katun toner cartridge for this model copier with another customer. They called say the copier was making a terrible noise which was coming from the toner cartridge. I was able to free up the toner cartridge gears and so far so good. I would like to say the same for the copier I'm talking about. The first trip I came to the conclusion that the develping unit and drum unit needed replacing. After installing and executing sim130 the copier ran and the toner sensor # never changed. The time(sec) # climbed to 701 before I stopped the process and removed and reset both the drum and dev. units. I then ran sim 150. I don't understand what the book is saying in relation to what I see on the copiers display with this sim. The dev. sensor and the disposal tank blocks are white all others arer blue. When I check my other copiers all blocks are blue except the disposal tank sensor. If the dev. sensor is my problem where is it located??? If it's in the developing unit then it must be a board problem??? The Dev. Sensor block in sim 150 stays white with either dev. unit installed. When I first arrived the copier was in image cycle and there was a click---click noise being made which I believe is coming from either the toner cartridge or the toner cartridge drive assy. Any thoughts on all this would be greatly appreciated.
    THANKS!!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar
    First of all, Katun toner is crap. Especially when it comes to Falcon machines. Secondly, how is this toner being stored? It sounds like you might have toner clumps inside the cartridge. This could be caused by storing toner in a place where the heat might be an issue.
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tcypy1961's Avatar
    I know I know about generic toner and that Katun toner might be the worse but what about my concerns with sim 150???
    Thanks!!!

Expert on The Obsolete 100+ Posts leroyal's Avatar
    "Some people you just cain't reach".
    I know what I know better than anyone else knows what I know.

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar
    ok, As you can here the toner solenoid "clicking" the m/c is trying to take toner. Is the gear that turns the gears on the toner cartridge free i.e. does it move on the shaft without sticking. This m/c is well known for the drive gear to stick part of the way down the shaft so it doesn't engage witht the toner cartridge.

If its sticking you can either do 2 things - strip the back out or take a rag, solvent cleaner and clean the shaft by putting your arm inside the machine and clean the shaft where the toner catridge would sit.

You can also check if its dropping toner into the dev unit by cheating the door switch's and putting a small flat headed screwdriver between the dev unit and toner catridge gap and watching the toner fall or not fall.

The other problem i have with these machines is normally the toner catridge has been stored on one end so it breakes the internal stiring mech inside when its fitted.

Oh and the toner empty sensor is in the dev unit.

Have a check before going down the board route.