Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Angry Taskalfa 300ci color issues

I installed a Taskalfa 300ci ,very impressive at the first time but the color quality if I compare it with Hp color printers is too poor.
    All calibrations , dev and drum refresh has been done but the print quality still too poor. My boss is very dissapointed since I am the only technicien who has been certified on this product in my country. Please help any advice?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Taskalfa 300ci color issues

task alfa color

Quote Originally Posted by Realtech View Post
    I installed a Taskalfa 300ci ,very impressive at the first time but the color quality if I compare it with Hp color printers is too poor.
    All calibrations , dev and drum refresh has been done but the print quality still too poor. My boss is very dissapointed since I am the only technicien who has been certified on this product in my country. Please help any advice?
    what exactly is the problem... ??

is it spots on the copy or is the copy hazy....??

and please outline what you did to fix the issue...
    Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    The printout resolution too poor and the colors are not vivid.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

This is a really difficult concept for some people.

HP color printers super-saturate the color, where the Kyocera produces wider gradations of color. It's like comparing a charicature to a photograph. The HP is not really producing the true colors requested in the print file. You may like it better or worse, but it's not what is in the file.

And noone guarranteed to you that a Kyocera can product the same exact color reproduction as a Konica, or an HP, or a Sharp, or what-have-you. Each printer has it's own color gamut based on a number of variables. What a surprise! They're not identical!

If it has to look exactly like an HP, buy the HP. Just forget about printing 50 ppm, and forget about $.09 per page cost.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

cann't help

Quote Originally Posted by Realtech View Post
    The printout resolution too poor and the colors are not vivid.
    if you have done everything and thats your issue... cann't help... thats the nature of kyocera copiers... cheap but reliable... business color... at low resolution...
    Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    Ask your rep about a different color table file. We use the Biz hub 451 color table and our customers love it. Also, don't forget about current firmware........
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoceradude View Post
    Ask your rep about a different color table file. We use the Biz hub 451 color table and our customers love it. Also, don't forget about current firmware........

I agree with kyoceradude. if the firmware is an older original firmware and has not been updated to the latest then you will get slightly washed out colors. once you upgrade you should see a hugh difference.

kyoceradude I never changed color tables, whats the process?
    Sorry folks, reputation removed by Just Manuals, because he's a sad little wanker

Unzip the attached 2 file to the root of a USB stick and update firmware. Make sure no other files are on the stick. To go back to "No Color Table" Just update firmware as normal. Make sure you have current firmware done before changing the color table. This is for a BizHub 451 color table.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    You can not compare HP and Kyocera. BTW, what HP machine are we talking about? Every machine has its' own characteristics. Some people like the HP color and some people like Ricoh, Kyocera, etc.
    I did some tests on 3 different machines (Ricoh MPC2800, Oki C9650, Kyocera Taskalfa 250ci) and guess what... I got three different prints of the same image!

Show the customer the difference in the various types of machines, and let him decide which color output he likes te most.

Not HP.. The color tables I'm refering to is Minolta. If a customer is set on the Minolta BizHub 451 color (which I do not sell and they were demoing at the same time as my T/A 500ci) and I have the ability to add firmware to the T/A color line to match a Minolta BizHub 451 color output(it matched perfectly) I got the sale for a T/A 500ci. So, it's not as simple as just let the customer choose which color output they want. If they choose a machine I don't sell, I don't get the $$$$$$$.