Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

For the most part voltage regs. do ok... But Ive seen them cause problems also.. If I were at this service call, I would verify 100% what voltage (especially that hot to ground= less than 1 volt) is coming out of the wall regardles of a regulator.. I hate to harp on it, but I've just seen too many off the wall symptoms caused by wall voltage..The actual 110V would be good, but if there were any volts at hot to ground, problem... Had one last month that would give false jams, just stop in middle of run..had 2.3 volts across ground..electrician fixed,,ground volts went to .04,,,problem went away...

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Copystar 2550 What could they be doing

A voltage regulator cannot create a good ground where there is none. I would set up the Fluke power quality analyzer and let it run for a few days. That will tell you everything you need to know, and provide you undisputable proof to present to the customer.

No need for the silly squabbling:

Tech: I think its the power...
    Customer: No the power is fine.
    Tech: How do you know?
    Customer: Well, it just is. Everything else works fine.
    Tech: So? That doesn't really tell us anything.

blah, blah, blah, and no resolution. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

copystar 2550

Thanks guys Tech07 I will have a electrian check the hot to ground voltage. In my 26 years i really have not had any electrical issues, i guess i have been lucky. All I know is something has to be causing there problem , again I know it cannot be three different machines, but why would you think it is possible to cause the same issue on all three machines? Thanks Frank

2550 shift

2550's are famous for image shift. Each tray has a rack and pinion mechanism for the guides. Sometimes just one tooth broken will cause the shift. Or, it will jump the track when you close the door. Screw it down or switch that tray with another tray to test.
    Programmers don't die, they gosub without return...

Technician

copystar 2550

i understand what you are saying, but not on three machines and it is intermittent once a week , and I have screwed them down so they won't move in some instances. Thanks Frank

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I definitely understand....3 different copiers..same location..same symptom...It's not oroginating with machines....it's external coming in...that's why I would go straight to the wall first...This is a true story.. I had a canon copier once that would indicate adf jams for no apparent reason. No bad parts..decent paper.,etc. Well, after about a month of frustration, I was at this copier and it jammed. Suddenly, I realized that about the same time, a worker with a two way radio passed by close to the copier. Could it BE? I asked him to come closer to the copier and talk on it while I ran multiple copies...Sure enough..When workers came through close to the copier while using their walkie talkies the radio frequency caused an adf glitch.. Unreal, but true..We tested it multiple times...Problem solved ......Look for outside influences.....Wall voltage especially....

2550 Shift

I am assuming that during printing, this never happens. Check for off size width papers. Some accounting firms use a4 or b-something paper. Look out for an intermittent paper size in the mix. I know this is obvious, but I always go that route first if I am not present. I had one account bursting off size paper and mixing with letter size. The only other thing that I can think of is the cable for the ADF. Out of the box problem with the interface cable.

Technician

copystar 2550

Warnock, they do not use it as a printer, only use 8 1/2 X 11 paper. New ADF's Three different used machines that work fine out of there office. Thanks

2550 Shift

Okay, check for a pattern in the building. It is possible that during certain hours of the day, only a particular piece of equipment is running that will cause intermittent problems during that time. Could be garbage compactor at 4pm everyday, or lamination machine in the morning only. If you don't see anything, see if you can get a line-recorder to record AC throughout the day for spikes etc.

Technician

copystar 2550

Yes that is what i am trying to do narrowing it down to something like this or what tech 07 said checking the wall for a voltage across the neutral and ground. thanks Frank