Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
    I have a customer that majority of there copying is through the ADF Intermittently it will move the image on the page 2 or 3 inches maybe more when sending copies through the ADF. Doesn't happen all the time might send two pages, both will move, for example name Cusick will be at the beginning of there header It will move text on the page where you will see the K and all other text moved over towards the front side of the machine. It is not centerline adjustment. Sending the page short side in first 8/12 way. Again most of there copying through the adf so on the glass don't know if has ever done this. i have changed engine boards, logic, lastest firmware. I also brought in a loaner 1650 it also did this, this has been going on for 9 months.So okay brought in another machine 2550 with a brand new adf on it guess what , did it again. I even payed for a dedicated line, no help. And again did it twice in a weeks time.Have no idea what they could be doing , it is not like they have never used a copier before.In the mean time both loaners that I have brought them I have sold and they are working fine. Could it be a microwave a refrigerator or is the place just haunted? I do not know what to do. Out of ideas. Thanks Frank
    You might want to Check the Roller od the Paper Cassette trays. if the Pick-up Roller or Feed Roller r worn then it would cause this problem as i had happen before, this problem for me was very intermitent and found that 1st paper Cassette's rollers were worn. Replace all three Rollers (Pick-Up, Feed & Sep Roller) and problem solved.

Technician

copystar 2550

Tech59 it is not lead edge and it is three different machines. Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

How did those outlet voltages read??

Technician

copystar 2550

There electrian didn't get there yet, if that was a copier tech, customer would be screamin. Although they have been geat on this issue, again trying to convince them it is not the copier isn't easy. I will let you know as soon as he shows up. Thanks Frank

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hey man.. do you have a volt meter?? check the readings at the outlet for the copier yourself...then go some where else in the building, check an outlet there and see if there are any differences,,, in the past i have literally moved a machine to another room for a few days to prove...

Technician

copystar 2550

tech07 I have done that, moved the machine to two different area's in the office different outlets, had no luck. Machines still acted up with the same problem. Thanks Frank

Technician

Perform a load test

Three different machines - same problem - voltage problem probable.
    Note: Make sure the firmware is updated on machines.

You don't need an electrician to diagnose a wall AC voltage problem but you do have to know how to use a multimeter.

In Standby Mode:
    check the polarity in the 3 hole wall socket
    Hot to Neutral - not less than 114VAC
    Hot to GND - not less than 114VAC
    Neutral to GND - not more than .5 VAC

While copying ( the load test ):
    check Hot to Neutral - the voltage should NEVER drop below 110 VAC
    you must use a high quality digital multimeter to be able to catch and
    fluctuations or any analog meter ( the needle moves instantly )

Try to find out if the problem occurs mostly at one time of the day which
    might indicate other equipement on the same line stealing the voltage.
    A dedicated AC line is highly recommended for any digital copier to avoid just this same type of problem which can be difficult to resolve.
    Last edited by chexin51; 12-24-2009 at 04:11 PM. Reason: correction

Technician

copystar 2550

Thanks for the reply , I do know how to use a multimeter, As in the other posts , the machine is on a dedicated line which was installed, because i thought that would solve the problem, but did not . As far as firmware 3 machines doing the same think unlikely firmware, but it was checked to see if it was the lastest version and was. Also I feel better if a electrian do this as he is going to check the surronding area outside, and also might have a voltage analyzer to test the line throughout the day. Thanks for the reply Frank.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Copystar 2550 What could they be doing

Don't be so certain that an electrician will do a more thorough job than you. He may know how to analyze the power, but I have encountered very few electricians willing to do so without much cajouling.

How many times have you told a customer about a dirty phone line, and the phone company comes back with "But I can hear you just fine?" Your ear may not be the best tool to diagnose a phone line.

All I can say is Good Luck. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Can you post image of problem? Is the copy shifting front to rear, or lead to trail? Is it magnifying or reducing?

I did not see any other posters mention a modification to the DP-410 for electrical noise reduction. Not sure if it applies here, but at this point it can't hurt to look into it.

Good luck!