Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Technician

copystar 2550

Like in previous posts the image shifts from rear to front for example The heading Cusick on the left margin about a inch in you will only see the ick and actually moves about 2 or so inches. from the back to the front cutting off everything on that side and moving the back edge towards the front 2 or so inches. And does this twice a week sometimes twice a day and no certain time either. Again there has been 3 different machines installed. The machine worked fine for the first 7 months then this start happening, then changed engine, logic board, firmware checked. Put in a 1650 same thing put in a refurbed 2550 with a brand new ADF no change. Moved the machine to different areas in the office put a dedicated line in. Still same problem. Going to have a electrian there with me to check voltages and ground issues neutral to ground. Thanks Frank

Technician

copystar 2550

Well tech07 the voltages checked out ok, the only thing he didn't check was the voltage under load. Maybe a voltage analyzer throughout the day? Where to find a electrian that has one in there bag, they are not cheap and I don't know any electrians off hand that uses these. Thanks Frank

Document Technologies Pro 100+ Posts

Measure from Nuetral to Ground 1vac or less is good

If the circuit ground is not strapped down good at the box or excessive loads are on the circuit, you can measure upwards of 3 or 4vac or more between nuetral and ground. This can create havoc in the paper paths as grounded surfaces will no longer be able to properly discharge static charges through machine ground. These charged surfaces can attract and drag paper resulting in jams and/or misregistrations.

Technician

Copystar 2550

That was also checked it read 1 tenth of a volt. Thanks Frank

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: Copystar 2550 What could they be doing

Was just reviewing some old threads and came across this unique unsolved problem that i find quite intriguing . Lots of suggestions of possible power issues. But i can't see how power fluctuations would cause image shift by two inches. These machines were know for laser unit problems and failures and they both are of the same family. He did not put in new machines, but he said refurbished with new adf. A faulty laser could do all kind of crap and maybe some additional comments might be warranted here.
    After 9 months and the same problem, he has loyal customers i must say.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke