Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Technician

Copystar 2550 What could they be doing

I have a customer that majority of there copying is through the ADF Intermittently it will move the image on the page 2 or 3 inches maybe more when sending copies through the ADF. Doesn't happen all the time might send two pages, both will move, for example name Cusick will be at the beginning of there header It will move text on the page where you will see the K and all other text moved over towards the front side of the machine. It is not centerline adjustment. Sending the page short side in first 8/12 way. Again most of there copying through the adf so on the glass don't know if has ever done this. i have changed engine boards, logic, lastest firmware. I also brought in a loaner 1650 it also did this, this has been going on for 9 months.So okay brought in another machine 2550 with a brand new adf on it guess what , did it again. I even payed for a dedicated line, no help. And again did it twice in a weeks time.Have no idea what they could be doing , it is not like they have never used a copier before.In the mean time both loaners that I have brought them I have sold and they are working fine. Could it be a microwave a refrigerator or is the place just haunted? I do not know what to do. Out of ideas. Thanks Frank

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar
    Have you actually seen this problem occur in their office? It sounds like they have the ADF guides pulled apart too far.
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Technician

copystar 2550

Jules I have mentioned that to them and again they have had copiers before and understand this the guides must be against the paper. I have tried this in my shop and it is hard to do without the copies coming out skewed. And they are not skewed just moved over 3 inches or so. All I know I have tried everything and i know it has to be something that they are doing or something going on in there office. Thanks for the suggestion. It is unbelievable though. Do not know what else to do

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar
    I know it's hard to diagnose without actually seeing what they are doing. I had a customer once complain about white bands and a reduced image when they copy off of the glass. I couldn't make this happen no matter what I tried. So finally I asked the customer to do what she normally did when she got the problem copies so I could watch. So what does she do? She lifts the lid, lays down her original, then lays down a stack of papers on the right side of the glass and hits the green button. I guess she was too lazy to just hold them while she made a copy. Once I explained to her that the copier will scan everything that's on the glass, try to guess the correct size and reduce/enlarge the image to fit she understood why her copies came out like they did. Sometimes you just have to spend some time and watch the customer until the problem occurs again...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I had a similar problem with a 2050. You could tell when it would happen because the original would stutter as it was being fed. The DP-410 is completely motor driven, no clutches or anything. There are 5 large conveying rollers and on both ends are white brake pads. I found one of them worn down so I replaced both of them and haven't had this problem since.

The part numbers are
    3HL08270 BRAKE CONV ROLLER A for 51 (one on each side)
    3HL08280 BRAKE CONV ROLLER B for 52
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician

copystar 2550

Thanks for the reply but it is not lead edge . Also it is a brand new adf. And three different machines have done this.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

If you have multiple copiers doing the same thing at the same location, obviously it's not the copier..possibilities(from experience)..check that power outlet at the wall. it may be a dedicated line but does the voltage fluctuate when copying? is there 4 or more volts measured across ground?? In 28 years i've seen dozens of wierd problems caused by line voltage...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

That wall outlet, new, dedicated or not...has to have 110 Volts AC and should not fluctuate more than 10 %,,,EVER..

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Again, if that outlet reads any voltage from hot to ground, ( even 2 or 3 volts) it really can confuse the logic...

Technician

copystar 2550

I bought a line voltage regulator a good one that is suppose to keep the voltage consistant, but that didn't work either. Thanks keep the suggestions coming. Jules I have been there numerous times watching them make copies. They do about 1000 to 1500 a week. It happened once in the last week and she said she sent only 2 pages through and it did it, and then sent them back through and it copied them fine. thanks again Frank. Do these voltage regulators work? The lights on the regulator said everything was fine and would beep if the voltage flucuated.