Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: km 5050

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

km 5050

we are considering picking these up through a leasing co. just looking for some input on reliability and maintenance issues. tia rb12

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar
    buying from a leasing company is a lottery unless you know what the history is. I know from previous experience that when m/c's are being stored for return to the leasing company for whatever reason parts are removed and faulty or suspect parts are put back onto the m/c being given back to the leasing company.

regarding the km-5050, firmware upto date or the lcd is so slow it drives you mad, pm due at 500k so its a drum, dev unit (optional) paper feed on feed statons/doc feeder and the fuser unit. I find these quite a reliable m/c for a b/w. Al depends on what the mtr reading is and if you trust it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts aabarnes1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by banginbishop View Post
    buying from a leasing company is a lottery unless you know what the history is. I know from previous experience that when m/c's are being stored for return to the leasing company for whatever reason parts are removed and faulty or suspect parts are put back onto the m/c being given back to the leasing company.

regarding the km-5050, firmware upto date or the lcd is so slow it drives you mad, pm due at 500k so its a drum, dev unit (optional) paper feed on feed statons/doc feeder and the fuser unit. I find these quite a reliable m/c for a b/w. Al depends on what the mtr reading is and if you trust it.
    We have 35 of these machines under the Utax label cd1250, they a really good trouble free boxes apart from maybe the fusing units burning out the press rollers, we look after them too. You're right to advise on checking the history though.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar
    Lease returns are a gamble even if you are given a history. As stated before, some less scrupulous dealers will use lease returns as free parts machines and of course, say nothing about it to the leasing companies. The only history the leasing company is aware of is the one the dealer gives them...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    km 5050

It's probably the most reliable 50cpm box I've seen in 20 years. It's better than the Canon NP6650, Canon NP6050, Mita DC5585, Sharp AR-M550N, Ricoh AF550 (and all of these others are great boxes, just obsolete). =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Best machine I have ever worked on (25 Years), had one that went to 500k service interval with no calls at all
    But its true if the machines have been in a copier wharehouse for any length of time then some parts are likely to have been swapped.
    The Wizard

To the Pessimist the glass is half empty
    To the Optimist the glass is half full
    To the copier engineer...
    The wrong glass has been supplied, it should be 50% smaller Haha