Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kyocera KM-3035

ertmpm

Kyocera KM-3035

I smashed the LCD display on my recently purchased used machine. Any help locating a replacement part greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

Technician

LCD touch screen

If you have any of the Falcon series machines, or the 4530 5530 lying around those panels are interchangeable. Otherwise there are about 5 pieces to touch panel. You would have to let me know what parts you broke.

ertmpm

KM-3050

I appreciate the quick reply. We don't have any of the other equipment you mentioned, we JUST purchased the KM-3050 2 days ago. One of the guys hit the display with a door handle while bringing it into our shop, and the plastic covering the display got puntured by a sharp corner on the door handle. All the "fields" show on the display, but you cannot change any functions. To our surprise, it does still copy!! But that's all it will do for now, unless there is a way we can change the funtion selections.....Thanks for any help....

Technician

touch panel

Is there any cracks in the glass? It could be that when the door handle hit it made one of the virtual buttons active. If that is the case you couldn't change any settings, I would take it apart and try to run it with the PCB's on a piece of cardboard out of the plastic housing. Try to eliminate all possible pressure points. If you hold down two keys you would have the same problem.

ertmpm

KM-3035

Yes, the handle cracked thru the glass (quite spidered) and I believe even broke the LCD screen itself...what I mean to say is that you can see the "function options" like 8 1/2 X 11 box, 8 1/2 X 17 box etc...but when you try and touch them to change a function, nothing happens. I am assuming the whole LCD display needs to be replaced....so we are wondering if we can find a used one anywhere.....

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Is this for a KM 3035 or a KM 3050. You mentioned both models. I may be able to come up with the KM 3035 parts.???

ertmpm

I am sorry...it is the 3035, I accidentally typed 3050 by mistake.....

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    OK , well did you want me to try and get you a good used one?? About $100 I would guess. Or maybe someone else has one for you?? Let me know.

Mr Bill

ertmpm

KM-3035

Yes, if you can get the complete replacement display unit for $100....I am sure the boss would be VERY Happy....

Service Manager 250+ Posts kkendric's Avatar

Ken K.

After reading through these posts it sounds like you may have broken the touch pad only, Kyocera calls it the tablet PCB, it is not a part of the LCB, but is installed in front of the LCD. If your LCD was cracked you probably would not be able to see the settings on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ertmpm View Post
    I smashed the LCD display on my recently purchased used machine. Any help locating a replacement part greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance