Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by aodtech View Post
    500ci: Two buttons, then start
    221: Remember the electronic game Simon?
    lol. that bad, huh? well, like i said, the 221s won't be used for scanning very often. but it's odd they would make it so complicated.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    we are a konicaminolta and copystart dealer, and as a service tech I would recommend Copystar everytime over the konicaminolta, for reliability. for my money the cs500ci has a better truer color output than the konica. When the 500ci first came out there was an issue with the dev and drum motors, which has been resolved now. Yes, there have been quite a few firmware updates for this machine but it was to improve the functionality of the machine. all I can say is that this machine just keeps on getting better. Setting up scanning is not an issue, it is relatively easy, and my customers have not expressed any complaints on using it.

So far my company's experience with copystar is that they produce very reliable copiers, especially compared to konica minolta.
    Sorry folks, reputation removed by Just Manuals, because he's a sad little wanker

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Morlock49 View Post
    we are a konicaminolta and copystart dealer, and as a service tech I would recommend Copystar everytime over the konicaminolta, for reliability. for my money the cs500ci has a better truer color output than the konica. When the 500ci first came out there was an issue with the dev and drum motors, which has been resolved now. Yes, there have been quite a few firmware updates for this machine but it was to improve the functionality of the machine. all I can say is that this machine just keeps on getting better. Setting up scanning is not an issue, it is relatively easy, and my customers have not expressed any complaints on using it.

So far my company's experience with copystar is that they produce very reliable copiers, especially compared to konica minolta.
    Thanks for the info. Regarding the issues on the early 500ci units that were corrected, do I need to worry about whether the copier I receive is affected...or does it not matter as it's only a software upgrade that's needed?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Considering Copystar CS 500ci and CS 221...Looking for Opinions.

It's part of our setup procedure (and for most dealers) to upgrade firmware at setup. And its just firmware. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    It's part of our setup procedure (and for most dealers) to upgrade firmware at setup. And its just firmware. =^..^=
    Thanks. I think we will go with the Copystar units.

One other question, is $0.08 per page a fair price for color copies? We don't plan on printing that much in color so they told us it would make more sense to just pay for what we print as opposed to estimating some number and then not using all the copies.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Considering Copystar CS 500ci and CS 221...Looking for Opinions.

I don't know about other dealers, but that's what we charge for color on maintenance contract. Yeah sure! That's reasonable.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I don't know about other dealers, but that's what we charge for color on maintenance contract. Yeah sure! That's reasonable.
    =^..^=
    I'm a bit confused...you're saying that's what you charge, but then why the roll eyes?

The Great Land 50+ Posts lorenrupe's Avatar
    That is just how he signs most of his replies! I am sure that he did not mean anything by it! That is a decent rate though!
    Loren Rupe
    Valley Business Machines Inc.

Technician

Re: Considering Copystar CS 500ci and CS 221...Looking for Opinions.

Hey guys, it's been a while. The copiers we leased (500ci and 221) a couple years back have worked out fine.

Now I need a new unit for a different location. I received a proposal for a CS 3050ci. Since you guys steered me in the right direction last time I wanted to get your opinions on this model. Thanks again!

Re: Considering Copystar CS 500ci and CS 221...Looking for Opinions.

get a Konica for color