Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Technician

Re: Considering Copystar CS 500ci and CS 221...Looking for Opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    get a Konica for color
    Thanks...but I've been happy with the color performance of my previous Copystar unit. We don't really print that much in color anyway.

I was just curious to see what the general thoughts were on the CS 3050ci.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar

We have got 8 of that series out in the field and have had no major problems.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    Considering Copystar CS 500ci and CS 221...Looking for Opinions.

no matter the machine you choose, unless there are...of citrous flavor flav.

Its more of how good your techs are, if you have a awesome service depot you could still save face even with lemons.

lemons do pop up here and there, but the series you spoke of has been looked after. Please utilize Kyocera/Copystar online resource for troubles.

other than that, I like the 500ci's better than its predecessor.

Do the due maintenance and they'll last you the lease term to upgrade the client for something else.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    no matter the machine you choose, unless there are...of citrous flavor flav.

Its more of how good your techs are, if you have a awesome service depot you could still save face even with lemons.

lemons do pop up here and there, but the series you spoke of has been looked after. Please utilize Kyocera/Copystar online resource for troubles.

other than that, I like the 500ci's better than its predecessor.

Do the due maintenance and they'll last you the lease term to upgrade the client for something else.

Thanks...but again, I'm trying to find out what the general thoughts were on the CS 3050ci. Guess I should have started a new thread to prevent the confusion.

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    Considering Copystar CS 500ci and CS 221...Looking for Opinions.

3050Ci, and series that its part of is the best KM has to offer yet.

the frame of most pickup assembly is of "metal" and interchangeable. None of plastic crap stuff. And the gearing is helical to reduce noise, the teething is tighter for precise paper transport.

Scanner is been boosted for faster scanning, even with a reversing DP, its faster than Saturn(500ci).

Colour quality is the best so far, texture is nice and even, I've yet to see "few" T-belt line or any defect related to the charge or developer. Havent seen any actually tho there are cases out there.

The paper path has been re-thought as the original series has the finisher and fixer on the wrong side, together. The finisher chokes ventilation, and the fuser ages quicker. Plus the cover was on a hinge any uneven surface will have the finisher lightly tug the cover, hence the paper transport isnt snug and result in jam.

The old series was a huge fan of clutch in ..everywhere, blame it on old architecture and trying to make all the dime one could. This series has mostly motors, quieter, and more control over all.

The infamous "smudge" seems to have been contained with the new technology.

There is one thing I detest, waste toner bottle. They should have one with every black, and the shortage of it means reusing existing ones. Its not a clean job.

That's all I can think of atm.
    Last edited by jmaister; 06-27-2012 at 06:12 AM.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    3050Ci, and series that its part of is the best KM has to offer yet.

the frame of most pickup assembly is of "metal" and interchangeable. None of plastic crap stuff. And the gearing is helical to reduce noise, the teething is tighter for precise paper transport.

Scanner is been boosted for faster scanning, even with a reversing DP, its faster than Saturn(500ci).

Colour quality is the best so far, texture is nice and even, I've yet to see "few" T-belt line or any defect related to the charge or developer. Havent seen any actually tho there are cases out there.

The paper path has been re-thought as the original series has the finisher and fixer on the wrong side, together. The finisher chokes ventilation, and the fuser ages quicker. Plus the cover was on a hinge any uneven surface will have the finisher lightly tug the cover, hence the paper transport isnt snug and result in jam.

The old series was a huge fan of clutch in ..everywhere, blame it on old architecture and trying to make all the dime one could. This series has mostly motors, quieter, and more control over all.

The infamous "smudge" seems to have been contained with the new technology.

There is one thing I detest, waste toner bottle. They should have one with every black, and the shortage of it means reusing existing ones. Its not a clean job.

That's all I can think of atm.
    Thank you for the information. Sounds like I should be happy with the 3050ci. Again, I appreciate you taking the time to pass along your thoughts.