Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

KM-C3225E (Almost) Blank Pages

I have a KM-C3225E which has had the developers, drums, transfer belt, fuser unit and laser unit removed. All units were vacuumed and replaced back into the machine correctly.

However, the machine is now giving almost blank prints. The attached PDF is a printer status page. You can see the coloured header broken up across the top of the page. So I'm wondering what the cause of this fault is. I've done the following.

- Checked transfer belt positioning (seems to be located correctly)
    - Checked all drum and developer units are locked in correctly (they are)
    - Checked there is drive to all drums and developers (appears to be)
    - Checked the transfer belt has drive (it does, and must do to get some image)
    - Swapped the transfer belt with a 2nd hand unit (no change)
    - Swapped the black drum with a 2nd hand unit (no change)
    - Swapped the black developer unit with a 2nd hand unit (no change)
    - Inspected the laser unit (all seems fine)
    - Ran a laser clean, dev refresh and drum refresh (no difference)

If you look closely at the PDF you will also notice black background (looks like another faulty part ) but also - in my opinion - proves that the image on the drums is being transferred to the belt correctly. In theory this only leaves me with the charge rollers, developers, laser unit or electrical components.

Any ideas???
    Attached Files Attached Files

HV 2 board for transportbelt

Change de HV-2 board for de transferbelt

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar
    before throwing parts at it. was it working before it was taken apart? if so then its normally something you done yourself (we have all done it). have you tried individuall colours. the chances of it being all four drums/devs are remote so try b,c,m,y. you can stop the m/c and see if the image has appeared on the belt. My guess would be the laser unit as it looks like its out of sync. Did you open up the laser unit and clean it?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

The first thing that I would do is go to simulation 089, Gray, then print out a ledger page of cyan, magenta, yellow, and black. Any further opinions will be based on those prints.

If it's only the black that is the problem, it is common for the black rear developer seals to leak, making the black developing unit hard to turn. I'm just speculating though. Let's see those 089 prints. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits View Post
    Change de HV-2 board for de transferbelt
    Probably my next thing to try.

Quote Originally Posted by banginbishop View Post
    before throwing parts at it. was it working before it was taken apart? if so then its normally something you done yourself (we have all done it). have you tried individuall colours. the chances of it being all four drums/devs are remote so try b,c,m,y. you can stop the m/c and see if the image has appeared on the belt. My guess would be the laser unit as it looks like its out of sync. Did you open up the laser unit and clean it?
    Yeah it was working beforehand. I am thinking it might be toner on a board causing issues. I didn't strip the laser unit apart and the image on the belt is the same as the image on the pages.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    The first thing that I would do is go to simulation 089, Gray, then print out a ledger page of cyan, magenta, yellow, and black. Any further opinions will be based on those prints.

If it's only the black that is the problem, it is common for the black rear developer seals to leak, making the black developing unit hard to turn. I'm just speculating though. Let's see those 089 prints. =^..^=
    089 half tones are all totally blank. I'm going to try a colour belt right now but considering sky shots are also blank I doubt I'll get anything.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

If it is something that you did, I doubt that you did anything to the laser. Take a look at the spring loaded transfer terminals that contact the transfer belt assembly. In fumbling with the transfer belt assembly I have knocked out the black transfer contact. I knew that I did it, so there was no need to make copies/prints. It just involved removing the transfer HVT to reinstall the spring (kicking myself the whole time...).

Let us know what you find. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts randula7's Avatar
    if the image has appeared on the belt
    Open the left cover and see transfer roller unit front and rear transfer springs must be
    firmly mounted on the holder and check connection between machine and transfer roller unit my think its not connecting when you close left cover.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    is the image on the transfer belt light, if so check the earth contact for the transfer belt. I had one with light output and it came down to the fact that I had pushed the earth contact out of place when refitting the transfer belt, apparently it is common to do this with the Black earth contact.
    Sorry folks, reputation removed by Just Manuals, because he's a sad little wanker

Technician
    Sorry guys been meaning to reply back for a while, after letting another tech look at it he discovered the LSU cleaners were driving and covering the slit glass
    therefore the laser was looking through the blades, just a simple clean and reposition of the clutch fixed the problem, then a u410 to fix the fact the it had tried
    to calibrate with that fault.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

try this... open the front cover... take out all the toners.... take the developer cover open that allows developer to get toner... do this for each developer... then leave cover open and trip the close cover sensor... watch and see which developer is not working... the developer thats not working is giving you the issue... had the same problem recently... this trick enabled me to pin down the bad developer
    Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too