Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

KM-6030 with C3100

Has anyone had any experience with a Kyocera KM-6030 throwing a C-3100 code? The scanner appeared to stutter when attempting to go back to home position, then throw the code. I checked the mechanical portion of scanner drive, but it seemed smooth. Also, it never seemed to stutter in the same place. I replaced the scanner board. Stuttering went away, but code still persists. I'm going to try a scanner motor next, I guess. Has anyone ran into a similar problem with this machine?

troyboy
    i haven't had that code with that particular machine, but i have had problems with the 2550's. ( trows the same code c-3100). the scanner completely "derails" and i have to restring the scanner cables. have know idea what is causing this. i have heard its the tension springs. any help also would be appreciated. troy

Scanner Motor worked...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts dogsbody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by troyboy View Post
    i haven't had that code with that particular machine, but i have had problems with the 2550's. ( trows the same code c-3100). the scanner completely "derails" and i have to restring the scanner cables. have know idea what is causing this. i have heard its the tension springs. any help also would be appreciated. troy
    It is the tension springs they have been modified to fix the problem. Once they are changed no more problems.

c3100

New machine cs2550 new springs and still have the code come back intermediately, runs a couple weeks then throws code again. Scanner has never come off the rails by the way.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    KM-6030 with C3100

c3100 codes

if its any help when i get that code i take about four loops off each spring .if you keep the tension on, the scanner cable will stay in position .
    i usually tape it to the top frame till the spring is ready .i started doing this after a few 3100 codes became bounced off scanner cables.
    hope this helps , brian

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts copygirl's Avatar
    Hey TroyBoy. Talk with the customer. We had some older ones where the customer was running books on the glass. They were pressing down on the glass to hard. The clearance between the scanner and the frame is small. Pressing down on the glass will catch the scanner and cause the C3100 code. Maybe this isn't it but worth a converstion with the customer.
    Ginger

IT goofball 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by copygirl View Post
    Hey TroyBoy. Talk with the customer. We had some older ones where the customer was running books on the glass. They were pressing down on the glass to hard. The clearance between the scanner and the frame is small. Pressing down on the glass will catch the scanner and cause the C3100 code. Maybe this isn't it but worth a converstion with the customer.

I had that same problem too.

Technician
    C3100 carriage problem

Chech home position switch , scanner rail and flames on expo lamp.
    Switch may be corrupt, clean and use some grease on rail and chech flames are correct position on lamp...Expect these check the belt tension between scanner motor and gear scanner.