Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Kyocera KM-1820 black lines

Aloha,

Has anyone else out there encountered random black lines generated on copies,faxes and scans using the KM-1820 ADF? I have tried turning on "scan noise reduction",cleaned scanner mirrors & lens,replaced scan glass,adjusted Mode 87. I have two of these models with this problem. I had to replace one machine for unsatisfied customer. Used the same ADF and fax board though. So I am looking at something in the main body as the problem. The other machine is used mainly as a fax so customer does not encounter the random black lines when they copy and they are not too critical of quality. I hope someone else has encountered this and was able to fix.

Thanks.

Newman

Lines when using ADF

It's been a while since I worked on Kyoceras, but there is a simulation (I don't remember the sim number) "shading position" that actually adjusts where the mirror frame stops, which changes the area of the scan glass that it looks through...sometimes changing this setting will get rid of the lines. If that doesn't work, try to shift the position of the ADF itself at the hinges. Hope this is helpful!
    Last edited by Newman; 04-11-2007 at 04:21 AM. Reason: duplicated name

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Maintenance Mode 87 is the adjustment that is supposed to change the position of where the scanner is under the slit glass when it reads originals. Funny thing is, I made a mark on the glass w/ a fine tip sharpie that generated lines but when I adjusted Mode 87 from one end of the adjustment to the other the lines never went away or moved position on the copies/scans. I can see the right hinge is adjustable for skew correction. I will see what the effect on scanning it makes. Thanks for the input Newman it is greatly appreciated.

achangcw
    Any luck in resolving your black line issue? My KM-1820 is almost new, less than 5000 copies but also had this problem. I emailed Kyocera and hope to get a response.

Expert on The Obsolete 100+ Posts leroyal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ebm View Post
    Aloha,

Has anyone else out there encountered random black lines generated on copies,faxes and scans using the KM-1820 ADF? I have tried turning on "scan noise reduction",cleaned scanner mirrors & lens,replaced scan glass,adjusted Mode 87. I have two of these models with this problem. I had to replace one machine for unsatisfied customer. Used the same ADF and fax board though. So I am looking at something in the main body as the problem. The other machine is used mainly as a fax so customer does not encounter the random black lines when they copy and they are not too critical of quality. I hope someone else has encountered this and was able to fix.

Thanks.
    Sounds like "noise" in the Scanner CCD.

Go to system settings, turn scan noise reduction "on". This is also called, black line correction.

Technician
    You may try Sim U074 "Adjusting the DP input light luminosity".Increasing the setting makes the luminosity higher, and decreasing it makes the luminosity lower.
    not outsourced yet ...

achangcw

Kyocera Support

The black line problem only occurs when the ADF is used. Kyocera Support says a shading adjustment is needed, the mirror in the scanner glass is not aligned. They suggest a technician which would cost $150+. The ADF itself is probably $200. Anyone knows if replacing the ADF itself would solve the problem?

achangcw

Problem solved

I thought I cleaned the surface glass and all surrounding area very well with a clean cloth but actually dust still remains in hidden area. A thorough cleaning with a Q-tip solved the problem! Thanks for all of your advise.

al3andaleeb_s
    you have to clean small class at right scanner platen

some dots or dump clean it just