Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: taskalfa

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

taskalfa

Ok i know this should be in rants rave etc but i would just like to say if i could get my hands on the arse who designed these machines he/she would die a very painfull death by having every little bit of their machine rammed up their ARS*.

I had the pleasure of taking out the duplex unit on a new taskalfa and cant believe how over engineered this thing is! i mean what the #### is the pulley system doing for the side door? Front panel off, door off, rear panel off side panel off - i wish i could #### off and leave this customer!

hours to dismantle, fix the problem and refit this bloody thing. Yes hours because i done a similar strip down on the km-c2525 duplex and snapped the frame so i was extra carefull but now its screwed down onto the side door - aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggghhhhh hhhhhhhhhh

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    taskalfa

I feel your pain.

If you've ever had to replace jam removal handles B1 & B2 on a Voyager it's a similar adventure. What I pain to disassemble! Do you remember the days when you could just remove the one part you wanted, instead of excavating down 4 layers of boards before you could see anything at all? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar
    You need to be careful with the wire for the pulley system, as they will break if too much tension is put on it while restringing.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I've also had the wonderful experience of working in a 400ci duplex section thanks to a sticky switch. I'm also looking forward to taking out the whole LSU just to clean the rear eccentric cam for the cleaner.

The KM-2560 frustrates me as well. It took me 30 minutes just to get the bypass in and out thanks to the extra covers that have 1 screw and 8 plastic hooks, and the covers all hook into each other. On a different machine, I was going after a squeak in the main drive train, but it's behind the paper feed drive train which apparently needs the middle feed section taken out. At least we got the 1-screw feed units (falcon style) instead of whatever abomination was in the 2050.

If the Falcon was never created, I'm not sure if I'd complain about this. But that machine was so easy to get to so many parts, that all of the recent machines feel like they forgot to engineer these machines to be serviced. It reminds me of working on the small, cheap Canon or Samsung copiers where it takes 30 minutes just to get to the optics. They somehow managed to make taking out the entire vertical feed section easy on a Falcon (great for stealing the unused clutch). I don't understand why Kyocera thinks that disassembling half of the machine just to get to a duplex switch or cleaner or drive train is a good idea. All I end up doing is wasting a ton of time losing track of which screw goes where and hoping that I don't break any important cheap plastic clip.

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar
    so its not just me that thinks the person who dreams up the layout is infact a disgruntled ex salesman who has an agenda against engineers.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    taskalfa

The Taskalfa training course was fun. One day the instructor wanted to show us why we don't change the transfer belt and got someone to take it apart, springs etc flew across the room.

Technician

Taskalfa 250ci

hi Guys!

just have a query is taskalfa 250ci mono or dual component?

does development units has developer inside?

Thanks for all who responds.

betong

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    taskalfa

Yes, TASKalfa 250ci is dual-component. But you can't get and part smaller than the whole developer unit assembly. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    taskalfa

keep it going guys... i can truly feel the love for the task alfas here... lmao....
    Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too