Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Copystar 2550

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar
    The drum counter is supposed to reset automatically when you replace the drum unit.

kmatech22
    How big is the white line? Is it more of a wide white streak? Is it from lead to trail or front to rear? Occurs on copy and print mode?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Not sure if you're having the same problem that I was having, but I had some 1650s and 2050s that would have a white faded line in the middle of the copies. It would show up only when copying, not printing. I cleaned the hell out of the optics. Take a long Q-tip and clean all the mirrors, exposure lamp and the ISU. You'd be surprised how much dust dwells in there.

Glen

Red face CS 2550 headache!

Thanks to all of you who jumped in with advice and hints! It turns out that the replacement drum was defective. Operating under the assumption that the "new" parts were good really threw a "monkey-wrench" into the mess.

Waiting for the new (other) drum to arrive which will hopefully get the CS2550 up and off the bench!

Thanks to all of you!

Glen

Sabir

sabir

Hi, This post is very informative, however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

same problem

I had a cs-2550 do the same thing i tried replacing the tranfer roller and was still getting the white lines after 20 to 25 copies so i pulled out all the pm units and found that the developer had the same marking s on them i replaced the developer and havent had a problem since.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Copystar 2550

Not that I don't believe you, but this is more commonly caused by the developing unit. A drum problem would produce a repetetive flaw that you could measure the distance between occurances. A developing issue can be fairly random, inconsistent, and definitely affected by humidity.