Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Strange problem KM-8030

Re: Strange problem KM-8030

Quote Originally Posted by skirbyhcc View Post
    Thanks Blackcat. I removed the pad and cleaned the residue and the problem went away.

My latest problem is a j83 everytime I power-up the unit. Opening and closing the top door on the DF clears the problem and the machine works great. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    I don't think I've had J83 before:

J83 STPES Paper jam at the siding drum (DF-650) When the sub tray paper ejection sensor (STPES) does not turn Off within 1000ms of its turning On. 1000ms 1000ms Sim 241 for STPES 1) Worn or dirty siding drum, 2) Defective STPES.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by skirbyhcc View Post
    Thanks Blackcat. I removed the pad and cleaned the residue and the problem went away.

My latest problem is a j83 everytime I power-up the unit. Opening and closing the top door on the DF clears the problem and the machine works great. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Actually, if I open and close the top door on the DF the screen says Call Service Center, and then if I completely turn the power off (0/1) and back on the problem clears and goes away. So the problem appers to be assocaited with using the Power down button on the control panel and is cleared when the machine is completely restarted.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Strange problem KM-8030

You really need to call a tech.

There's more to being a tech than just standing near a copier. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

If you were servicing Tennessee I would call you; but I just paid $163.00 for the local Kyocera/Copystar tech to look at it, and Bubba didn't have clue, so after he used up his can of compressed air and was still scratching his head I mentioned your suggestion about the feedshift pad. He said he had already tried that, but after he left I opened it up and could feel the feedshift sticking to the pad. I removed the pad as you suggested and cleaned the residue and the problem went away. To his credit, at least he only charged me for one hour. So thanks again for the tip on the feedshift, but Bubba's not getting any more money from me. If I figure it out I'll post it to help the next guy.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Strange problem KM-8030

Lightbulb Re: Strange problem KM-8030

I would check ALL the sensors on the the whole path of the DF650! and clean it with cottonbuds dumpened with ISO Propyl. Just don't scratch the reflective sensors!!

Make sure the exit sensors in finisher are checked twice!!

I had similar every now and then issue. I was just a bit unfortunate with paper. Also as we had a huge runs and it only appeared when fresh rims were put in the machine. When checked the paper, it felt a bit dump, although it wasn't producing waves or curvation on exit..it tend to slip every now and then. As a by product of this humidity I had some mist/dusty clung on the sensors. When cleaned,it came back in 20-30k instead of 2-5k. So I had 2 weeks of hell..as we had 12 machines pumping 120 - 150k each in 2 weeks.

Maybe worth mentioning the little nylon rollers above the huge roller in finisher, tend to have hiccups and it doesn't take long to clean them. Can sort out few delay jams in finisher.

hope it helps..
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE