Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    snow77bunny

Angry Kyocera CS-1820 scan to email and scan to folder

I was able to scan to email when I had my previous ISP, Comcast (cable modem), but now I have Verizon DSL and can no longer do this. My smtp is hosted by yahoo bizmail. I have tried every port and configuration I can find on the internet via yahoo and discussion forums. My copier expert and Verizon are clueless and tell me each other are at fault. I've tried everything.

I also cannot scan to a folder. I was not able to do this before, but never really looked into the problem because I was able to scan to email. I use a Linksys WRV54G firewall/router and have configured everything on it and my copier per Verizon's instructions (IP, subnt mask, default gateway, primary dns, secondary dns).

One thing to note, when I run ipconfig/all, I get the router's DHCP DNS address, not the ISP DNS addresses provided. I've tried both on the copier to no avail.

I followed the instructions in the manual on setting up address, etc.

I get the following error codes, depending on which configuration I have tried:

Can anyone help me?? Please!? I am super frustrated! :-)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    The error codes are described at the end of the Basic Operation Guide.
    1101: The server name of the SMTP server is not set correctly or the host name is incorrect when sending scan data to an FTP server. Use COMMAND CENTER and register the SMTP server name and the host name correctly.
    1102: The login user name is incorrect or the domain name has not been entered. Enter login name, domain name and password correctly.
    1103: The network path name is incorrect or you do not have access to the folder specified. Use COMMAND CENTER and register the path name correctly.

The first thing I'd try is System Menu/Counter button -> System Setting -> Restart. I've had this apply network settings properly when nothing else would work.

It looks like Verizon DSL might block outgoing port 25. You could try using port 587 with yahoo, or try using Verizon's email servers.

Some email servers (like gmail) require SSL for smtp, but the 1820 doesn't support that. I don't know if that's the case with Yahoo bizmail or Verizon DSL.

For scanning to a folder, the 1820 normally won't save the username and password, so you'd have to enter it in each time using the number pad. I wouldn't recommend it.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera CS-1820 scan to email and scan to folder

The 1820 was a pain to scan to a folder because it will not save the hostname & path info. It has to be entered in for every scan. As far as AT&T/SBCGlobal/Yahoo whatever they are now, I've had to change settings depending on what node of their network it was on. As a previous poster stated, this machine doesn't support SSL which in most cases is required by Yahoo. If Verizon is your ISP, I would set up an email account with them to use their SMTP server. Just for sending purposes. Some ISP will not allow you to send mail on another account thru their servers.
    I know you probably don't want to hear it, but the FS-1028MFP has duplex, SMB scan to folder etc. Might be a good time to upgrade.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

you can also try updating the firmware to the latin american version or the european version this gives you more options and might even enable the save feature... for some network settings... it wont damage your machine but it will change the machine name from km 1820 to its european counterpart name
    Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I've upgraded the 1820 to the 1118 firmware. How the heck do you disable continuous scanning ? Or can you ?
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook