Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Kyocera KM3035

Senior Tech 100+ Posts gitana1983's Avatar

Exclamation Kyocera KM3035

Hello to all!

I now have a Kyocera KM3035 with light copies. We went to check it and it seems that the toner is not getting to the Developer Unit, but I do not see anything wrong in the machine itself... any idea of what might be causing this?

Thanks for the help!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    check the transfer roller. make sure its grounding correctly or that the springs are in place. is it happening from print as well (internal prints).

Ricoh tech 100+ Posts
    Kyocera KM3035

transfer roller retaining clips and springs have a habit of breaking on these machines, if toner was not getting to the dev unit then machine would just say adding toner for 4-5 mins then add toner is displayed. prob transfer as LNorris suggested previously

Smile Mag Roller

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1983 View Post
    Hello to all!

I now have a Kyocera KM3035 with light copies. We went to check it and it seems that the toner is not getting to the Developer Unit, but I do not see anything wrong in the machine itself... any idea of what might be causing this?

Thanks for the help!
    Check to see if you have a build up of fused toner on your developer mag roller due to the close location of fuser unit and or DV mag roller cleaning blade wear, if its a dirty inviroment clean laser unit slit glass, when you say light copies are you talking abaut density or exposure ? If exposure up your setting in copy defaults. With the 30 series drums where to blame alot not so much with 35 series with that said try drum refresh

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Kyocera KM3035

hi,is the machine looking for toner?or running for a long time putting toner in the machine( you will here it clicking),I would check the cartridge,then toner drive gear,,had some customers store there spare toner carts vertically causing all the toner to pack up the drive end of the toner tank,preventing the gears from turning easily and eventually breaking the toner drive gear, a bit of a job to replace too!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera KM3035

if you are hearing some horrendous clicking... do a u130 and try it.... still horrendous clicking... toner packed too tight... get another toner cartridge... if copy runs smoothly no obscene noises... try to empty out the developer and do a 130... if the developer does not get refilled then chances are you have a bad motor somewhere... alternate test... check to see if your transfer assembly is broken or white as my knuckles when seeing my ex wife... if either is the case... then changing transfer assembly could resolve issue... also check your charger... main charger.... that could cause issues as well..
    Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Turn the to the darkest, run a skyshot and stop the machine to where the image is still on the drum. If it's pitch black on the drum but not on the copies, then you know there is a transfer problem. Also run a regular skyshot at normal exposure, then remove the main charger and run another one. If there is a significant difference, then there's something with the drum unit. I don't know what you are expecting the mag roller to look like, but on more mono component machines, the mag roller can look very pale but still produce a good dark copy.