Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

FS9530 problem after replacing maintenence kit

Hello guys, i just replaced a maintenence kit on a Kyocera FS-9530, and it seemed to be working fine. 1 think i couldnt find was how to reset the maintenence counter after the kit had been fitted. And now hes just phoned, and said its stopped working, error codes are ,
    initially a service error of 4010:0921251, on cycling the power now showing error 5300:0921251

any1 any ideas? thx in advance

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    First off, was the printer shut down and unplugged when doing the PM? That is how the maintenance counter gets reset. It will recognize the new assemblies. You did install new parts? The 4010 is a laser error and can be caused by an interlock switch. If it resets upon power cycle it could be an interlock. The 5300 is a cleaning lamp connection error. Remove the drum assembly and check the contacts on the rear of the printer. These error codes should reset upon power cycle. Let us know.
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Alexkyocera's Avatar

Re: FS9530 problem after replacing maintenence kit

Quote Originally Posted by kyoceradude View Post
    First off, was the printer shut down and unplugged when doing the PM? That is how the maintenance counter gets reset. It will recognize the new assemblies. You did install new parts? The 4010 is a laser error and can be caused by an interlock switch. If it resets upon power cycle it could be an interlock. The 5300 is a cleaning lamp connection error. Remove the drum assembly and check the contacts on the rear of the printer. These error codes should reset upon power cycle. Let us know.

I am having the same error code

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

The front door is not closed properly

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Hello guys, i just replaced a maintenence kit on a Kyocera FS-9530, and it seemed to be working fine. 1 think i couldnt find was how to reset the maintenence counter after the kit had been fitted. And now hes just phoned, and said its stopped working, error codes are ,
    initially a service error of 4010:0921251, on cycling the power now showing error 5300:0921251

any1 any ideas? thx in advance
    How did you get the pm light to reset? One of my guys just did a pm on a 9530 and the pm light did not reset. I know it resets by itself after the pm was done, but this one did not. A new pm kit with all new parts was put in.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Alexkyocera's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerkiller View Post
    How did you get the pm light to reset? One of my guys just did a pm on a 9530 and the pm light did not reset. I know it resets by itself after the pm was done, but this one did not. A new pm kit with all new parts was put in.
    The machine should reset itself but if it doesn't. A special command can be sent to the printer to the reset the counters for the drum developer ect. This can be found here on Copytech