Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: FS-1118 Jam40

Technician

FS-1118 Jam40

Hi, I dont see a lot of these machines but the problem I have is it jams with code jam40. Jamming at exit.
    This is intermittant, but also it looks like the reg is well out, but that can vary from 10mm to almost the end of the page.
    I have replaced 3 clutches and the engine Pcb thinking it may be something to do with that.
    Another thing which is bothering me is the fact the lamp is on all the time, even when in jam status. This can't be right, so not sure what to do now, Main Pcb??
    Any ideas???

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    This has been discussed before on where pertaining to the KM-1820. Does it actually jam in the fuser or are you just getting a Jam 40? Generally if one of these machines is receiving a J40 and the lead edge timing will vary then check the Registration Solenoid. On the topside of the pawl on the solenoid, there is a rubber pad that rests against a metal nub on the frame. That pad will be gunked up and stick to the nub causing delay. What I do is clean the nub and put a small piece of scotch tape over the pad. Otherwise, replace the solenoid.