Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

FS-C5030 Color Printer dropping black toner.

I have an FS-C5030DN with image problems. After a few prints, the toner builds up on the black developer unit/ mag roller area and starts dropping onto copies. Also, the lead edge on the back of the print has about a 2-3" background. ALSO, the entire page has a faint background of gray lines a few mm apart. I have tried both HV bias boards, the black developer unit and I swapped the black drum with the yellow to see if the problem followed. It did not. Anyone seen this?

Technician
    Hi, I look at a lot of these & mostly for image quality. Have you removed the led printhead from the image drum and cleaned it with a cloth?i would also pull the charge grid out and carefully wipe that as well. You should check the ribbon cables from the printhead are inserted properly and they're not damaged and all the consumables connections are clean (trans belt etc) i'm guessing the machine is full of waste toner.

As a matter of coarse when i look at these i remove all consumables, vacuum the waste toner out, remove and clean the printheads, wipe the charge grids, clean all the contacts in the printer and if there's a lot of toner in the printer i remove and clean the waste toner sensor as i'm constantly getting calls for false waste toner bottle full errors. I've never had to replace a hv or bias board, normally it's a consumable (in this case i'd bet the black image drum or printhead ribbon cables). Print a color test page from the service menu then swap the black drum with magenta or cyan then print it again.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Should have been clear. The machine has @300 prints and is spotless except for the problems mentioned above.

Technician
    Ok. if you're getting toner on the back of the print (anywhere and i'm gathering there isn't a duplex option installed) that has to be caused be one of the following - dirty second transfer unit - dirty paper path - dirty fuser rollers. The print problem on the front of the page if you're sure it isn't the high voltage boards, dev, image drum or printhead only really leaves the primary transfer belt or engine board.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Thanks for the advice. Have tried the belt, but will try engine board.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Tried engine board. No help. I'm getting desperate here.