Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6030 duplex

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    6030 duplex

6030 duplex

i have a km6030 in a school ,the problem is on a run using duplex and staple it gets a slight fold on the front edge of side two.it folds before side two is printed as the copy goes over the fold .it dosnt happen on normal copying just side two duplex .i have replaced the songe rollers and stripped the duplex uint and cleaned all the other rollers. any ideas please.

thanks in advance brian

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    6030 duplex

You'll want to replace the duplex switchback roller (302FB19401). When it wears the roller wears conical.

When it's new it's 66mm circumference. As it wears, the rear wears faster than the front. When the difference becomes 1.3mm (65.3mm at front, 64mm at rear) the paper skews so badly that when inverting for exit or duplex, the rear edge flips, causing J60, J62, J63 jams. When stapling, the flipped corner prevents the paper from setting in the stapling tray properly. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    6030 duplex

thanks for the heads up i will order the switchback roller.
    brian

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    6030 duplex

blackcat4866 thanks very much for the info .it was spot on ,who would think that one little roller could cause all those problems .and you was right about one end wearing quicker than the other .i used a vernier gauge to check the old one and there was a difference as you said .so many thanks.
    brian

6030 duplex

Since all paper output is delivered face down, every single page (and duplex twice), must pass through the duplex switchback. If I thought Kyocera was listening I'd say "Hey Kyocera, why don't you install a solid rubber roller the whole width of the paper? Sure, it would cost more initially, but there would be no J60, J62, J63 jams, and that roller would probably never need replacing." Who knows. Maybe someone over there is listening...

I'm glad that I could help. =^..^=

Technician

Re: 6030 duplex

Hey, just a few questions, you refer to the roller 302FB19401, which is the switchback roller, and yet you give mesurements of 66 - 64mm, which don't make sense. I could see if you were talking about 302FB00040 which is the refeed roller, but the switchback roller is only ~20mm diameter to begin with. I would rather not order the wrong roller, so which is it?

Blackcat gave the right part number. It is that roller for sure as I've replaced my fair share of them. On top of replacing that roller always make sure the plastic roller and shaft that is above it is clean and rolls easily.
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

6030 duplex

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    You'll want to replace the duplex switchback roller (302FB19401). When it wears the roller wears conical.

When it's new it's 66mm circumference. As it wears, the rear wears faster than the front. When the difference becomes 1.3mm (65.3mm at front, 64mm at rear) the paper skews so badly that when inverting for exit or duplex, the rear edge flips, causing J60, J62, J63 jams. When stapling, the flipped corner prevents the paper from setting in the stapling tray properly. =^..^=
    Quote Originally Posted by cysec View Post
    Hey, just a few questions, you refer to the roller 302FB19401, which is the switchback roller, and yet you give mesurements of 66 - 64mm, which don't make sense. I could see if you were talking about 302FB00040 which is the refeed roller, but the switchback roller is only ~20mm diameter to begin with. I would rather not order the wrong roller, so which is it?
    Circumference is the distance around the outside. Diameter is the distance through the center
    C = 2 pi R = pi D where pi = 3.14159265

There are three reasons I measure circumference:
    1) You can measure circumference without removing the roller. Cut a strip of paper ~5mm wide and add a piece of scotch tape to the end. Stick the tape along the edge of the roller you'd like to measure and roll the paper around until it laps. Make a mark across both layers of paper. Remove and measure.
    2) It's not so easy to mic soft materials like rubber, plus it would have to be removed.
    3) Personally I feel that I can measure accurately down to 0.2mm. To measure diameter to the same degree of accuracy you'd have to measure the diameter down to 0.063661977mm. If your millimeter scale had ten more marks between 1.0mm and 2.0mm, 0.06 would be ~ 1/2 of one of those marks. If you can do that, you've go much better vision than I do. =^..^=

. =^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 09-12-2012 at 02:42 AM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Masterchief's Avatar

Another spot on post by Blackcat, have also changed the same part to solve this issue.

Great post

Masterchief

Technician

Oh wow, I can't believe I mixed that up. Just couldn't seem to get my brain to fully engage yesterday, might be a lack of coffee. Thanks again, the part has been ordered.