Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar
    We are in with Kyocera. From what I've seen online and heard from our reps talking them up it will be interesting. We are having a meeting to discuss the first order of machines. For copiers is there a model line that comes highly recommended or one we should avoid like the plague? Generally we only dealt with 18-65 cpm. Churches, schools, small/mid sized offices.

Thanks again!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar
    The Falcon model series are probably the best b/w copiers on the planet in the range you specified.
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

I agree with everyone 100%. I'm a IT tech with a Copystar/Kyocera dealer and I enjoy working on the Falcon 3 and TASKalfa machines. The "Command Center" web GUI is easy to navigate and Kyocera's Printer and desktop MFP's are great too.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts kyocera.team's Avatar
    kyocera is great machines .... B|W is very good machines ,color not that good regarding copy quality "old models-kmc 3232 -2525-4035e" the new task alfa color machines good , but in general kyocera is the best i was working before with minolta -sharp -panasonic-kodak-samsung-utax and xerox but kyocera the best
    but be informe that in kyocera there is no problem but if you face a problem really the problem should be big problem
    thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I think the B/W machines are easily the best, and the new color series (Taskalfa) have good image quality, not as good as the Konica's we service, but the Kyocera have it ALL OVER the Konica's when it comes to mechanical quality. Easier to service, less jamming, less complexity. The Konica's have like a dozen boards. Very over-engineered and prone to A LOT of catestrophic problems. Give me Kyocera any day.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar
    On the Voyager series color, e.g., KM-C2520, there is a known developer unit issue. which was supposed to have been fixed under warranty.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar
    Thanks for all the input. Can't wait to get some in the door.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thekeg19 View Post
    Any tips to improve Kyo copy quality? Just switched from Ricoh 6 months ago and faded solids
    b/w and color seem to be the norm. Factory rep claims it is because Kyo doesn't "oversaturate" its images.
    Adjust the "density" in the Adjustment/Maintenance section of the System Menu. I have found increasing the density 1 or 2 steps darker makes a difference in the "solids" when making copies.

I worked on Ricoh products for 19 years and we switched to Kyocera 3 years ago, BEST MOVE EVER. The drums last forever and it is a pleasure to service.

Also try color output "vivid" if you prefer "brighter" color. It's important these machines have the latest firmware installed. As mentioned, check the QA's and bulletins. Sometimes certain settings are changed because of actual field feedback. When ordering developing units. Make sure you order the lastest and not what is in the book.