Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: error C6400 msg

sunshy

error C6400 msg

After turning machine off, unplugging & turning back on, it continues to show that error msg. It won't let me do any of the solutions I read here regarding it? This began from a power outage for 5hrs. I'll be leaving in 15min for lunch, but w/return at 1pm. Hopefully someone will have compassion for me LOL Thanks in advance!

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar
    Get into the maintenance mode and go te U163. That is the fuser reset. If that doesn't work, you might have to replace the fuser.

sunshy
    I can't seem to get into anything? It's like that error msg is frozen there. Is there any other way to get into the maint mode? And thank you so much for replying me =)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Which machine?

I've had issues getting into maintenance mode on a KM-1820 with a C6400. On those, you have to open the front cover and then turn it on. You'll finally be able to get into the system menu.

sunshy
    If the "front cover" is the door, then I've tried that too =/ I even pulled toner out for a sec & anything else that could move in there. It just stays there & won't let me do anything? I would think unplugging it from the wall would reboot, but nope =/

Try pressing the status/job cancel button then do the maint code

Madas

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    First of all you never posted which machine this code is for. Depending on which model, there are three different ways to access Maint Mode. But regardless, 163 should work.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts rashid120's Avatar

ERROR 6400

Quote Originally Posted by sunshy View Post
    After turning machine off, unplugging & turning back on, it continues to show that error msg. It won't let me do any of the solutions I read here regarding it? This began from a power outage for 5hrs. I'll be leaving in 15min for lunch, but w/return at 1pm. Hopefully someone will have compassion for me LOL Thanks in advance!
    open the front door of the machine and switch on the machine and try by resetting from simulation 10871087 then enter in maintenace mode .enter U-163 .press execute and press start .switch on and off the machine if can not just open the fuser unit and and check the thermostate continuety with multimeter.thanks.(Rashid Iqbal)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    what machine?