Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: km-8030 J10,J21

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

km-8030 J10,J21

I've replaced the rollers in both trays 1&2, cleaned all sensors, checked them in sim 31. Tray 1 will feed some then I hear the rollers/motor running. sometimes it finally feeds, others get a j10 with no feed at all. Now to tray 2 jams every time with J21 with paper just past DKCSW1. Machine has bit over a million copies.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    km-8030 J10,J21

You might take a look at the PE sensor flags (2BC06380). I have a customer who manages to bend or break the flags on a regular basis.

My guess is that when there is a jam, the customer always pulls out the tray first, doesn't see the paper, then smashes the paper to the back, folding over the flag. Once it's bent, the end gets pinched between the paper stack, and the bottom of the pickup unit.

Just be cautious when you change the PE flag. It's very easy to break the delicate little loops that hold it in. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    pe flags kinda sux to change. have a customer doing the same. 1.st bend: try to bend them slightly and carefully back, 2.bend: change them. will break.

anyways: kyo quite recently (as of 3-4 months ago or so) changed all three rollers, pick up, feed and sep, and provided new springs for sep too(comes in new pm-kits), according to changes in the 'new' km620-820. this is something i've been complaining about to kyo since these machines first came out. (that and the 'catch/hook' after fuser- also changed on the 620-820 btw) new rollers seems to be ok so far, but i'm not going to be satisfied before they revert to 6330-7530 vaccum feed. never failed feeding.

in your case (you said you changed rollers, so i expect you changet all 3) i'd check/change sensors, in tray and vertical transport and actually harness, and also check if the paper tray lift actually works properly. there's some sensors in the far back too (in frame), behind the two main trays, and they can pop out if the customer slams the trays in . except for that: you're om your own

oh, last thing: check sensor before/after reg roller, i've had pieces of paper there causing trouble.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Blackcat4866 the flags are the first thing I check and by now I've gotton the hang of getting them in.
    Vikingmita, I believe according to you I am now on my own I've gone through everythimg you mentioned already. Though I was wondering if anyone had problems with the motors in such.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    km-8030 J10,J21

Not me. My highest count machine is at 1.4M, but this and most of the others of its type pass most of the paper from the PF-660 - ledger sized. Tray #1 & #2 are somewhat neglected. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    sorry. at least i tried

'top one' i service just turned 2,6 mill, no prob with motors. actually only pisser is (was) those gears in the driving section that wears( around 700-1mill). but they modified that too, so not a prob longer.

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    I didn't read that anyone mentioned the Feed Films # 302FB09410 & 302FB09360...
    Last edited by kyoceradude; 07-06-2010 at 05:33 PM. Reason: added part numbers
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!