Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

alternative drum refersh for km-1500/km-1820?

a km-1500 unit is been stand by for almost a year but the machine is "OK",the problem is no print, clean all process unit and stell there, when is transfer other single drum and its ok? i think the drum is moist,there any alternative a "drum refesh" or a simulation for these machine?thanks
    ERROR HELP ME AND HELP YOU

tecnicopoa
    Hi,
    I got one of those w/ no printing and the problem was the high voltage circuit.
    Have you tested it?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts happicopy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jewen25 View Post
    a km-1500 unit is been stand by for almost a year but the machine is "OK",the problem is no print, clean all process unit and still there, when is transfer other single drum and its ok? i think the drum is moist,there any alternative a "drum refresh" or a simulation for these machine?thanks
    just replace the drum..or better yet replace the whole PU100

That is most common trouble for for that series model including some FS-1020 printer series, "no print due to drum unit". I experienced like there issues over 10X in field even during installation days. Actually, as my encountered, the spring that holds the clearance between magnetic roller & drum is out of position due to broken portion that handled the springs itself from both sides of the IU (imaging unit). It happen most commonly during replacing of new toner or during removing of the IU itself. Some extra precautions must be observe during installing or removing of the said unit. In case of the said issue occured, the unit can fix by simply putting a thin metal plate that can able to hold the said spring. The springs are not indentical to each other, one is higher pressure compare to other one, so observe when putting them back (one side may be okay, don't need to touch it). NEVER! NEVER! Never try to clean the drum by anything! That is very sensitive compare to any other opc drum. Replacing drumunit is like buying a new machine..... To reset IU and run like new installation go for it >>>> press and hold down sequentially these 3 keys; "stop/clear key" + "zoom (+) key" + "zoom (-) key" then turn OFF/ON sw, 900 will appear and will run for 15mins....

Clarification for resetting; press and hold sequentially means don't remove your touch from the 1st key unitl the last key is press. >hold clear key and don't remove>hold (zoom+) and don't remove also> last hold (zoom-) 5sec. Do it as fast as you can.....