Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    there are no jams when the finisher is unplugged. I set the sleep timer at 2 minutes with the finisher attached and got the J 80 the first copy every time. There is no paper..false jam..
    It displays copying for 4 or 5 seconds then jam 80...After unplugging the finisher and testing there were no more jams. Keep in mind that it only occurs with finisher aattached and when coming out of sleep mode..I replaced the finisher entry sensor for nothing. What is making this difficult is after clearing fa;se jam once in the morning, it doesn't happen the rest of the day. This makes me think sensors are ok..I getting reafy to cut tie wraps and may replace finisher pcb.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    Have you taken that connector apart and looked to see if any of the connectors inside are backed out? I have seen lots of those and they cause squirrely issues.
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

dhenderson
    Had same issue on a CS-5050 and DF-710. Repalcing the finisher main PWB solved the issue. Hope this helps.

Technician
    Have seen that the harnes to exitsensor main tray of finisher may be partly broken and the sensor itself has been periodicly bad.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    All make suggestions make sense, however, please see my earlier post. This Jam 80 ONLY occurs if comming out of energysave/sleep mode or the 1st copy after being turned off and back on. During the day, the customer has no problems. Their morning routine is to open the office, make coffee, bring copier out of sleep mode, run one copy, clear false jam by opening and closing finisher door and then there are are no more problems the rest of the day.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Km 5050/ false jam from sleep mode

I had the same thing happen on a 520i and the problem was the foam rubber on the inside of the main door wasn't thick enough to hold the duplex unit in. there was a bulliten... replaced the foam rubber problem went away.. go figure

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    UPDATE...I haven't solved this issue yet, but noticed yesterday that if I change paper output to tray A only this strange symptom doesn't occur...Keep in mind, this symptom occurs only once per day.. First copy in morning coming out of sleep mode..Rest of the day, no problem.