Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

CS-6030 with finisher problems

We have an interesting issue with 2 CS-6030's sitting side by side. Each has the big finisher attached. Twice within a few weeks, the customer called and could not offset sort in either machine. They can staple, just can't offset. If we go out and do a sim 906 reset, it works, but the finisher was not disabled and no C-codes are shown. Each machine is on a 20-amp dedicated circuit and the outlets check out fine. Anyone seen this before? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Does this affect copying or printing or both?

If it is just printing, I had a driver issue with version 4.2.1409. The customer was a title company, and when printing legal size with two hole punch, it didn't punch. This version of the driver also allowed selection of conflicting options, i.e. tray B and stapling. Version 4.4.0403, 5.0.xxxx, and 5.1.xxxx drivers have pop-up widows that identify and explain option conflicts. They both also allow two hole punches in legal prints.

I don't know if this helps, but it's something to consider. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    It's both copy and print. I need to check firmware and driver versions, but the 906 reset seems to put doubts on the driver, unless something in the driver is partially disabling the finisher. Will check this stuff. Thank you.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave10 View Post
    It's both copy and print. I need to check firmware and driver versions, but the 906 reset seems to put doubts on the driver, unless something in the driver is partially disabling the finisher. Will check this stuff. Thank you.
    I tend to agree with you. I doubt that a driver could affect copy operations.
    Current firmware is 2-18-2010. That's P2FBS.0059K3 for main, and P2FB2911.S31 for engine.
    Did you look at U904 to see if any error conditions were stored but not displayed?

It just occurs to me. Staple and offset are conflicting options. You can staple, or you can offset, but not together. There's no need to offset if the sets are stapled, yes? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Correct on the functions question, but we weren't doing both at once. I just meant that other functions using the inner tray were working, so the finisher is not completely disabled, yet the 906 does fix the problem, at least for a while. Will try the firmware and post after it runs for awhile. Thanks.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Update. Did firmware. The problem has not returned. The firmware was actually up to date in the first place, but I reloaded it. Seems to have helped. Thanks for the replies.

jvingless
    Test the selanoid were the clincher assy is and also clean the sensors in the the stacker assy b/c if one stacker plate returns home but on the next sort it is not sensed it will disable itself