Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    goose1127

Unhappy KM3060 CFB 37 Error Help

We have 40, KM3060 Kyocera Multifinction printers One has started getting a CFB37 error it will still print while the error is up but the panel screen goes blue and the only thing on it is the CFB37 right in the middle of the screen.
    The Kyocera repairmen seem to be baffled.
    I called Kyocera Direct and they said that it is a firmware issue, and I asked for a error code list reflecting the CFB errors, which they say they don't have.
    The repairman updated the firmware. Still the error pops up. If you shut of the printer then turn it back on it's OK for a few hours then bam there is the error again. So far the Firmware has been updated and he did something with the memory (not sure what). today he is replacing the Dimms. I'll keep this post open trying to find an answer because today another one stared having the same issue.
    Any suggestions or have any of you seen this before?
    Thanks in advance for your help
    Last edited by goose1127; 09-30-2010 at 05:42 PM.

richie19
    If firmware has already been done the next thing to try is the DIMMs

Service Manager 250+ Posts just a tech's Avatar
    Could be either the dimm in the op panel or the one on the main board. Sometimes removing them, cleaning the contacts, and reseating them works. One or both may need replacing.. who knows? After replacing, not a bad idea to reflash firmware. Also, when I install firmware on machines I'm having problems with, I usually install it via Compact Flash Card on rear corner of machine instead of a Jumpdrive in the USB slot on operation panel. Not a lot of difference except I find there is less room for crap to happen. And hey, if you can get the same job done and eliminate one less thing for the firmware to have to travel through.. Then why not.. Good Luck.. and don't forget to trust your technician. I guarantee ya that it's irritating him a whole lot more than it is you.. It's kinda of a Tech Thing.. it pisses us off when we can't fix something right off and have to keep returning.. Good Luck Bud...

Do the firmware and format the HDD. It solved my problem. Good luck.