Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Scan to Email

Scan to Email

In a windows 7 environment, 300ci, using godaddy.com email server. it does require authentication, i keep getting 1102 code saying name and password are invalid, had godaddy on the phone and the login name and password are correct but i still keep getting a code, any ideas??? it will connect without authentication with the test button but from the machine to go it needs authentication............

Technician
    What SMTP port did they say to use? If it is 585 your are pretty much SOL!! Most companies like godaddy and Google's GMAIL use TLS encryption for authentication. According to Kyocera,TLS is not supported only SSL. I would suggest you use an open SMTP if their ISP allows access or use an SMTP provided by their ISP.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    is the server smtp.secureserver.net? the only port thats open on that server is 25...
    ive had sucess with smtp.secureserver.net (i think godaddys smtp server)
    port 25
    user name - user@domain.com
    password - whateverpasswordis

and for some reason i think i remember trying this server with ssl enabled and tried port 465, 587 and then 25 and if finally worked on port 25 with ssl enabled? weird but it worked for me

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Scan to Email

GoDaddy

In your SnapperMail server account settings (Menu -> Accounts -> Edit Accounts -> (choose account) -> Server), enter the following:
    • POP3 Server: mail.godaddy.com
      Username: your entire GoDaddy Email address (i.e. username@godaddy.com or yourname@yourdomain.com)
      Password: your GoDaddy password
      On the "More?" screen, leave all the checkboxes unchecked (all SnapperMail editions) and select "No SSL security" (Premier/Enterprise editions).
    • SMTP Server: smtpout.secureserver.net
      Username: your entire GoDaddy Email address (i.e. username@godaddy.com or yourname@yourdomain.com)
      Password: your GoDaddy password
      On the "More?" screen, leave all the checkboxes unchecked (all SnapperMail editions) and select "No SSL security" (Premier/Enterprise editions). If you have trouble using the SMTP server, try setting the port number to 3535 on the "More?" screen.
    If you have difficulty setting up and/or using the GoDaddy SMTP server (i.e. you get a "501 Authentication failed" message), you may have to set up the relay configuration in your GoDaddy account. The following links provide information on what the relay is and how to set it up:
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

try the port change 3535 also check with the IT guy and make sure they are not blocking port 25

If your getting an "OK" using just the server settings you know those work. 1102 is an authentication error. I would definitely try using an ssl protocol and try changing the port to 465. I bet godaddy requires a secure connection. Let us know how this turns out.

comptia.jpg

johnschijndel
    try to use the ip-adres from te mail server instead of the servername
    you can get the adres by pinging the servername it wil reply with its ip-adres