Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rosinflux

KM-2050 Scanner Web Interface

I'm having a weird problem with our KM-2050. We can not access the web interface of the scanner module at all. I have confirmed that it is picking up the correct IP address from DHCP, and that is the same address we are entering in the web browser. We used to be able to access the device, but with a different IP scheme. Is it possible it is somehow saving the old IP address somewhere (even though it doesn't say it?) and what sim mode can I use to reset it/where do I go from here. We are trying to get NW Fax working but without access the scanner interface I don't think we can get anything working. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Are you aware that the KM-2050 has two network connections? One for the print card. One for scan card. It will also have two separate IP addresses. And you won't be able to enter an IP address for the scanner until it is connected to a network. To do network fax you'll have to load the ScanFile utility, then configure it to direct scans to an FTP folder. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

rosinflux
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Are you aware that the KM-2050 has two network connections? One for the print card. One for scan card. It will also have two separate IP addresses. And you won't be able to enter an IP address for the scanner until it is connected to a network. To do network fax you'll have to load the ScanFile utility, then configure it to direct scans to an FTP folder. =^..^=
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, both cards are plugged into the network. I even reseated the scanner card thinking it had been jarred loose after a recent move. No luck. And the IP address I am trying to access it by is the same one it shows in the scanner defaults menu.

Are you able to ping the scan card? I suspect not, if you cannot access the web interface. Have you tried connecting to the scanner directly to your laptop via crossover? That would rule out any network issues.

I think I would try to initialize the scanner NIC in simulation U504, then re-enter your settings (they'll be lost).
    If that doesn't work I'd replace the scanner NIC. Let me know what you find.

Sorry if my questions seem elementary. It's very common for techs to miss the second network connection. =^..^=

Technician
    Try using the host name, insted of an IP, it will work for the command center.

rosinflux
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I think I would try to initialize the scanner NIC in simulation U504, then re-enter your settings (they'll be lost).
    If that doesn't work I'd replace the scanner NIC. Let me know what you find.
    So that worked, and I was able to get into the scanner interface (finally) but we also changed our IP scheme here and it seems that the printer interface has an 'allowed address range' setting. We don't know what the old IP range was to change it back, and since you can't set that setting through the keypad, we can't change it to our new range. I already bit the bullet and did a u020 reset, but it didn't fix it. Any idea of another way to reset the printer nic or add an IP address range?

The simplest way to do this is to print the Status Page to determine the current IP address. Or if there is still an old driver loaded on one of the PCs you can get the port setting there.

Satus Page.JPG

Connect your laptop via crossover, and set the laptop to a static address in the same range. Now you'll be able to access the web page, and re-assign the IP to whatever you like, then submit. The web page will become inaccessible because the two IP ranges are different. Set the laptop to an address in the new range, then you'll be able to access the web page in the new IP range.

It can be set from the panel, but I rarely do it that way, so I'd have to look it up. =^..^=

rosinflux
    oh if only it were that simple

the printer is already on the correct ip setting (we have dhcp). However, in the web interface under advanced > security (i think) there is a firewall like setting called allowed address ranges. if the ip range of the network talking to the copier isn't in here, it completely ignores it EVEN IF THE NETWORK IS ON THE SAME RANGE AS THE COPIER.

To say Kyocera didn't think this through entirely would probably be an understatement.

Also, after doing sim u020, our fax won't answer even though all the settings are the same and it's set to auto-rx. I'm starting to think this thing is possessed!

OK, it is time for desperate measures. Send the PreScribe command:

!R! EGRE;EXIT;
    to reset the engine (everything).

Download the LPR Jar utility to your PC.
    Network your PC to the desired printer via crossover cable.
    Write the desired command inside a Notepad or Wordpad file, name it, and save it.
    Double-click the utility to open it.
    Enter the IP address of the recipient printer.
    Browse to the Notepad file with the command.
    "Send"

The utility will run from a USB stick. If you have access to a PC that is already networked to the printer, you can just insert the USB stick and run the utility. Some of my larger customers have Java commands blocked across the network. In this case I have to connect directly via crossover cable to my PC. =^..^=

rosinflux
    OK, small victories. Couldn't use the LPR Jar Utility since the printer was ignoring everything on the network, however, I was able to:
    echo "!R! EGRE; EXIT;" > LPT1
    to the printer after hooking it up to a parallel connection. This worked and got the printer back online for printing.

However, two new fun issues.
    [ignore]On the scanner interface (which we can now see online), clicking on any of the options gives "503 not allowed access" however I can not find any way in which to authenticate myself[/ignore] scanner was in energy saver. Oops.

Also, I still can not get the fax to answer the line despite double, triple, and quadruple checking the settings and the phone line itself. If I hit the on-hook button while trying to dial in you can hear the incoming fax, but left to itself it will not answer. I have it set to Fax RX mode, 1 ring, TAD Rings 6, Auto RX rings 2. The Auto-RX light is lit on the operation panel.
    Last edited by rosinflux; 10-21-2010 at 03:54 AM.