Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts peterepeat's Avatar
    Have not got it to work on the Kyo's. From what I understand Gmail requires TLS which I don't believe Kyo offers. Canons will work with no problem as TLS is possible. I hadn't thought about IIS as a relay to Gmail...A BIG THANX, Tony!

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Scanning to gmails SMTP

Glad to help Pete. That's why we're here, to share information & make everyone's life a little easier.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Stevenbennitt

Re: Scanning to gmails SMTP

Quote Originally Posted by mike* View Post
    everything tests ok through 587 on the web interface with ssl on, but when it comes down to sending it keeps erroring out. strange... i also tried the IIS relay and got a 2101 error
    Make sure you add an exception to port 25 in your firewall. If you are concerned about security you can change the scope to just your subnet.

Steven

Kelvinator

Gmail will not work on the early machines like those. It will work on the new cuurent line of 3050ci - 7550ci and the 3500i - 8000i. Scanner file utility will not work on the new current line

Stevenbennitt

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvinator View Post
    Gmail will not work on the early machines like those. It will work on the new cuurent line of 3050ci - 7550ci and the 3500i - 8000i. Scanner file utility will not work on the new current line
    You are correct but as it has been mentioned you are able to relay a Gmail address using IIS. I successfully have this working on our CS 250ci.

You will have to use a pc or server to accent the request form the printer, but ultimately the pc or server is going to do the sending. If you look through this thread there is a document showing how to do this.

Steven

ty_dude!

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    I have no experience with Kyocera machines, but keep in mind that GMail can use two different ports for SMTP, 465 and 587. If one doesn't work, try the other.
    took forever to register but thanks you saved me from investigating the issue for another 10 hours.

ty_dude!

Quote Originally Posted by ty_dude! View Post
    took forever to register but thanks you saved me from investigating the issue for another 10 hours.
    actually that didn't work but this did

https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en

If your device or application does not support SSL, connect to aspmx.l.google.com on port 25.

Technician

You need to authenticate to gmail SMTP Server to be able to scan to e-mail.If you have a g-mail account use your credentials to authenticate and it will work!Use SSL authentication method