Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Has anyone come up with a solution to the problem that mrfuser described? I have had the "tractor track" problem on several machines in the last 10 months usually just wipping the mag roller off will make the problem go away but I want to find out what the actual cause is. I use to have this same problems on the FS-3800 printers a few years ago at that time tech support said it was caused by moisture getting into the dev unit causing the developer to clump and stick to the mag roller. What happens is the developer will clump up on one end or sometime all the way across the mag roller causing the tractor like tracks, you can see it clearly on the mag roller, wipping it off will usually take care of the problem. I have one machine where I have wiped it off several times, two weeks ago I replaced the dev unit and now the problem has returned, has anyone else had this problem and figured out what is causing this?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM-5050 Tractor Marks

On Canons we called it "mottling". Aftermarket toner can contribute to the problem, but I've come to the conclusion that this machine does tend to mottle more than many others. Other factors include high environmental humidity. Changing the developing unit may help, but no guarantees. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Try to replace the toner what u using....are you using the genuine toner or sub standard..b4 replacing toner clean and blow the toner inside the dev unit.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    On Canons we called it "mottling". Aftermarket toner can contribute to the problem, but I've come to the conclusion that this machine does tend to mottle more than many others. Other factors include high environmental humidity. Changing the developing unit may help, but no guarantees. =^..^=
    We've seen this problem a lot, and 99% of the time the customer is using generic toner...

You can wipe the roller but the problem will return... We've vacuumed all of the generic toner out of the developer before and added OEM and this has cleared the problem also... Good luck

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Ok thanks guys, this customer is using generic toner, will switch to OEM and vacuum dev unit and see what happens

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    have had this with several machines using original kyocera toner too, so that's no warrenty. it's as simple as humidity finding it's way into the mag roller, and small lumps stick to it. more of a non-existing thing in correct tempered and correct humid environments.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    KM-5050 Tractor Marks

Smile

tractor marks.........are those like skid marks on your undies?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Cleaned the DV unit and installed OEM toner and the problem has went away, thanks guys!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar
    Glad you got the problem cleared!