Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    KM-5050 Tractor Marks

KM-5050 Tractor Marks

Got a 5050 suddenly leaving light tractor marks on copies. Looks to be coming from DV roller. Is it the magnet in the roller broken?

Also, can I swap the DV unit with one from a 3035?

Thanks!

Kelly

Technician
    The dev tanks can be swapped between models. Do you have any samples?

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Clean the type of "water mark" off dev roller with a clean dry plastic scour pad . The same as you do the dishes. If that is not the problem clean the Corona grid with metho and scour pad. Not 100% sure on that KM 5050
    HTH
    GDM

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    I would not advise trying to clean the corona grid with anything but canned air. We have had several just go out when you try and do that.
    I would also look toward the transfer roller.
    Last edited by Jimbo1; 11-03-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Its fine . I have cleaned Corona Grids many times with metho and a scour pad. Works like a dream.
    Be sensible and follow the angle of the grid and only work one direction away from your hand that is holding the grid on a clean peice of paper. Don't scub to hard that you bend the grid. Use common sense and you will boost your grey images back to
    nice and black with full density.... Be care how you remove the grid off the corona frame. That techique is a learned artform....

HTH
    GDM

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1 View Post
    I would not advise trying to clean the corona grid with anything but canned air. We have had several just go out when you try and do that.
    I would also look toward the transfer roller.

mlr1968

Cleaning KM5050 corna wires.

As far as cleaning the KM5050 corna wires and Grids, I personaly have never attempted to remove the grid, but it you can then go for it! I clean the 5050 corna wires and grid wires with a q-tip with either denatured alcohol or water. It takes maybe 5 minutes to clean it and usualy produces good results. Just be prepared it will take about 5 or 6 q-tips.
    Oh, forgive me this is my first post Hello to all!

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar
    Always use water to clean corona wires and grids...use your fingers to dry the grid. Blow out housing with canned air. We must have 200+ dev units left over from pm kits...I haven't seen a bad one on a 5050
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

I agree with venom, my typical cleaning is: Blow out the corona unit,clean it with water then follow up with denatured alcohol .

I have seen dev units mag roller get contaminated and I vacuum out unit followed by cleaning mag roller with scotbrite pad and finished with another vacuum .

Technician
    I'd tend to agree with Neo's inital assessment. Look at the mag roller, and if it looks like it has lines on it, either clean it with the scour pad or (my personal choice) an emery pad.

Have you cleaned the transfer roller with too much water ?
    If you clean the transfer rollers on the smaller FS Printers you will get a blurred image along with similar tractor marks down the page. Never use too much water to clean the transfer rollers. Only a slightly damp cloth. Go over the transfer-roller twice if you have too. If you use to much water run about 50 copies through the machine to jettison the water out of the roller, and the copies will come good in no time.

GDM
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••