Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    PassiveCloud

Taskalfa 400ci/500ci

I have a couple of these machines out in the field and we seem to have issues with jamming fuser and exit units. I have replaced each of these units in the machines, with one 400ci receiving two new fusers within 3 months due to jamming. Most of the jams seem to be in J45, j46, j50 and j51.
    I would like to know if anyone else have had these issues?
    i have kept the firmware up to date, currently at version 10, hopefully this will fix it as i haven't had any issues with them after that...... only time will tell.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Taskalfa 400ci/500ci

On the fuser units that you've removed have you noticed toner buildup on the guides. We have a customer who continues to disregard my advice and runs heavy paper on standard settings. The prints fuse poorly and deposit tons of toner on the fuser rollers and guides. The toner on the pressure roller and belt eventually will feed off onto successive prints, but the toner on the guides stays right there, sticky with the fixing heat, waiting there to delay paper passage. Sometimes I can scrape off enough, sometimes not. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician
    There is TB-08 about the jam 00-50-51 & c1400, in earlier versions of the machine they have updated the exit drive, they changed the frame from plastic to metal (the gear drive area) they also updated the flag for the exit sensor to re-act faster, but, you have to order an entire new exit assy. to get the "update", it shows in the parts manual you can get the metal plate and other things, but its not available lol

they also have just released within the month a new revision of the fuser unit... yes.. again!

Technician
    Have you notice the two srews to be tightened after installation inside the FK? Had a machine which jammed here, too. Saw in the Machinehistory that another technican changed the Fuser for an C-error before. So I cheked the screws and thigtened them.

PassiveCloud
    Blackcat - yeah i have noticed the build-up of toner on the fusers and have been religiously cleaning them everytime i check up on them, luckily i had a kyocera tech tell me with our first install of one about this issue so i haven't had much issue with them, thank god.

Klp - yeah i really dislike those exit units, i am so glad they have updated the parts, on an eariler model of those exit units they had these two guide tabs which would eventually curl up dur to the heat and block the paper path, ever since that happened to one i went around to all of them and removed the suckers as they were really not needed, take that guide tabs -shakesfist-

D_Ritter - Yeah i have noticed the tension springs do need to be tighted up on those, i work with toshiba's aswell and most of there fuser units need to be tighted up, so it has become second nature to me now, which is a bit sad but helpfull. I had one fuser unit in a machine tear the fuser belt in half, man that was a mess, i really have no idea how it happened, but i think it was customer related as i found a couple of goudge marks on the hot roller...... obviously trying and failing at removing a paper jam.

The Taskalfa colour series isn't all bad, i have had one nearly hit the 200k mark with one visit call, which was colour registration, so thats pretty much my shining light at the end of the failure tunnel. Once you get all the issues fixed up they are not too bad.

Hopefully if we discuss enough of their issues we can finally get them working to an acceptable level, well for me anyway

Taskalfa 400ci/500ci

Re: Taskalfa 400ci/500ci

New information on the J51 jams (or perhaps just a new viewpoint):

I ran 750 duplex pages before I got the first example, but taking a clue from our office manager, I set up the power quality analyzer first. To my delight I had a power quality reading at two J51 events. At each jam/power event the ground to neutral spiked to 5.6vac, and the voltage dropped from 120 to 110VAC.

But the true confirmation was the second J51 event. The paper had completely exited to the finisher tray of the DF-780, before belatedly claiming a J51. An afterthought, with no paper remaining within the machine, and no false sensor readings.

I think the toner buildup on the exit section guides may be a consequence, not a cause. The false J51 jams leave a partially fused page stalled in the exit guides, where the toner can adhere to the plastic. Just to be sure though, I removed the filter from the fixing fan, for maximum airflow/cooling to the fuser & exit section.

This is the third machine in this location with J51 jams. The clue I missed, but the office manager picked up was: " ... first couple pages in the morning jam ... ". I've had a couple such cases where the power quality analyzer proved a power event, sometimes the exact same hour/minute/second each day. She may not necessarily understand the minutia, but she picks up the broad strokes:

specific time of day codes or jams = PQ event
    Thanks L. =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveCloud View Post
    The Taskalfa colour series isn't all bad, i have had one nearly hit the 200k mark with one visit call, which was colour registration, so thats pretty much my shining light at the end of the failure tunnel. Once you get all the issues fixed up they are not too bad.

Hopefully if we discuss enough of their issues we can finally get them working to an acceptable level, well for me anyway
    wait till you have the pins on the hvpwb drop out of place and have to spend and hour tearing boards and ductwork out to get to it. but a shining light on that is once you go through it and cut a sliver out of the gel blob and place it in the pin, then you wont have that issue again.... ever

Supervisor 50+ Posts Itsthepaper's Avatar

- Be careful if you have a finisher that sits to low and it literally hangs off the door. Adjust the finsher height and make sure when you push it up against the main body it doesn't pull down the door.

- Also push on the door it shouldn't have any play to it, if it does bend the door so the latch catches tight without play.
    Love the Job Love the Work.

pden103197

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    New information on the J51 jams (or perhaps just a new viewpoint):

I ran 750 duplex pages before I got the first example, but taking a clue from our office manager, I set up the power quality analyzer first. To my delight I had a power quality reading at two J51 events. At each jam/power event the ground to neutral spiked to 5.6vac, and the voltage dropped from 120 to 110VAC.

But the true confirmation was the second J51 event. The paper had completely exited to the finisher tray of the DF-780, before belatedly claiming a J51. An afterthought, with no paper remaining within the machine, and no false sensor readings.

I think the toner buildup on the exit section guides may be a consequence, not a cause. The false J51 jams leave a partially fused page stalled in the exit guides, where the toner can adhere to the plastic. Just to be sure though, I removed the filter from the fixing fan, for maximum airflow/cooling to the fuser & exit section.

This is the third machine in this location with J51 jams. The clue I missed, but the office manager picked up was: " ... first couple pages in the morning jam ... ". I've had a couple such cases where the power quality analyzer proved a power event, sometimes the exact same hour/minute/second each day. She may not necessarily understand the minutia, but she picks up the broad strokes:

specific time of day codes or jams = PQ event
    Thanks L. =^..^=

Blackcat, so what did you do from there to solve this? very curious as we have 2 500's & a 400 all 3 in differant towns that are repeatedly saying morning j51's. we have replaced the exit units (with new-lol) and done the js lower roller updates and they are still "jamming" but didn't even think of this possibility. & as i am stil new to this i don't know where to go to from here. thanks in advance for the help.

Taskalfa 400ci/500ci

I provided PQA charts produced by the Fluke software to the building support staff. Their IT concedes that power looks like the likely cause. And so far they have done ... nothing.

I'm waiting for the next jamming call to bring up the issue again. Still J51, hmmmm. =^..^=