Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pbbsinc View Post
    Went out there & met my tech & did all mentioned above & ended up finding that the replacement drum unit (brand new w <3k prints on it) is bad as well, much worse than the other one.

The beauty of it is that the tech that I left there to do firmware updates just called me & said that, after the update, every print or copy coming out of the machine is solid black.

So now the original problem is the least of our worries.
    SEND THEM BACK! Seriously, they were bought new and neither you or your tech should be dealing with these lemons and wasting your time.

Even if you fix all the problems, there's probably something else that will get messed up, most likely after the warranty period.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Taskalpha 520 (NEC5200) background lines

Usually when you get a solid black print it is a primary charge issue. My bet is that the primary charge unit is not seated properly. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Usually when you get a solid black print it is a primary charge issue. My bet is that the primary charge unit is not seated properly. =^..^=
    I still stand by my previous advice. My greatest concern would be why are they so messed up and two of them.

Did some jack*ss build them at the factory or were they slammed a few times in the transportation process and caused things to shift? Too many horrible what if questions.

Last year I had to buy a new $10k furnace for the house and when we unpacked it, it was very clear that the one corner had been smashed in or dropped of the truck or forklift. Neither the delivery crew or anyone at the factory cared to notice or mention anything.

I told the guys to go home b/c not a thing was being done until a new unit was sent. Not worth it, too many other things that could get screwed up even at a later date. I know accidents happen but someone should have been fired b/c it was clear that they kept it hush hush.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

You are absolutely right, BlackCat, the chg was arcing. I just cant figure out why it happened right when he did a firmware update.

In any case, he scraped the oxidation off of the wire with a springhook & the aforementioned lines went away. I cant beleive a corona in a machine thats supposed to get half a million prints between PMs crapped out at 59K & then again at 63K (a day & a half later).

Hope it's a fluke, I've placed a couple of others & there at 100K with no calls or jams. Or maybe Kingpd is right & it'll happen again. If so, I'll probably take him up on his advice.

Thanks to all you guys for your help.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I keep a main charge unit in carstock. Many machines make the full PM cycle, but perhaps 1/2 will need a primary charge early.

I've tried to restring these primary units. Perhaps (1) in (3) is usable after restringing. I don't waste my time anymore, unless the part is out of stock. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=