Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    RE: Uggly
    hahaha each to their own...

[As it had been explained to me]
    The reason for the colour is the Kyoto Green Protocol and the recycle factor associated with it. Not forgetting Kyocera means Kyoto-Ceramics. Now the colour is the natural manufactured colour of the plastic as it come out of the mould. It has no extra's that make it hard to recycle. Where is Kyocera-ceramics , Yes in the city of Kyoto.
    Might add some light into why TaskAlfa's are perceived differently.

HTH
    GDM
    Thanks for that interesting facts.

bensdad

task alfas are ugly

dont mind the colour of these things just about everything inside them has been a total nightmare for me though. everything fails from fusers, dev units ,transfer belts, motors,toner yields, pwbs and just about everything else. i do firmware that often even in my sleep, maybe thats why my wife woke up with a flash drive stuck in her right ear. just as well they have good warranty. ive sent about 6 of these back for various reasons mainly because the customer wasnt happy with the amount of problems they were having especially when we told them they wouldnt see us for 300k.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bensdad View Post
    dont mind the colour of these things just about everything inside them has been a total nightmare for me though. everything fails from fusers, dev units ,transfer belts, motors,toner yields, pwbs and just about everything else. i do firmware that often even in my sleep, maybe thats why my wife woke up with a flash drive stuck in her right ear. just as well they have good warranty. ive sent about 6 of these back for various reasons mainly because the customer wasnt happy with the amount of problems they were having especially when we told them they wouldnt see us for 300k.
    bloody hell i'm the opposite (touch wood) all we get is calls for toner

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    It would be interesting to know if they use more than one factory to build them. Maybe one location is not as good as another and has more problems with the machines.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bensdad View Post

In one location, we have machines out there in the field where we scoop about 1mm of pure layered mineral dust out of each machine. There is about 6 or seven machines on this one dusty site. Their age range from 18months to 2 years on site. The machines range from FS1118 through to TaskAlfa500ci The mineral dust is very very abrasive. I don't know of any other machine like Kyocera that can withstand this sort of hostile environment.

Touch wood, we clean the machines out with a vacuum an air blower, put the machine back in their dust layer and put another toner in them. We know where the machines go exactly because the layer of dust on the floor or bench is about 1/2 inch thick outline of the machine. We have the odd customer breakage to some machines but every thing is ok so far. Darn machine still output a decent copy each time, even though they are full of dust.

I will let the forum know in another 12 months how these machines are still going.

HTH
    GDM
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar
    What level of firmware did you use on your wife? I had to replace my last wife...too many issues ;-)
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Hmm...I'd have to personally void all of their maintenance and warranties on those machines and do a pure by hour setup if it were me. I mean come on are they nuts? Next thing, some scuba diving recovery business is going to want a copier to function at the bottom of the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    In one location, we have machines out there in the field where we scoop about 1mm of pure layered mineral dust out of each machine. There is about 6 or seven machines on this one dusty site. Their age range from 18months to 2 years on site. The machines range from FS1118 through to TaskAlfa500ci The mineral dust is very very abrasive. I don't know of any other machine like Kyocera that can withstand this sort of hostile environment.

Touch wood, we clean the machines out with a vacuum an air blower, put the machine back in their dust layer and put another toner in them. We know where the machines go exactly because the layer of dust on the floor or bench is about 1/2 inch thick outline of the machine. We have the odd customer breakage to some machines but every thing is ok so far. Darn machine still output a decent copy each time, even though they are full of dust.

I will let the forum know in another 12 months how these machines are still going.

HTH
    GDM

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpd@businessprints.net View Post
    Hmm...I'd have to personally void all of their maintenance and warranties on those machines and do a pure by hour setup if it were me. I mean come on are they nuts? Next thing, some scuba diving recovery business is going to want a copier to function at the bottom of the ocean.
    Re: scub diver: I can relate to that.... hahah

Yes there is a limit to our copy costs. The machines are mostly on do-and-charge (hourly rate excluding parts)....
    There is small graces in every difficult job. You just have to know where to look, and what to look for....

GDM
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

I have seen the new ones that will come out first and second quarter of this year, they look nice!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    they do! and the coming high speed (70 p color/75 b/w) look awesome too! hope to see the smarttech-machines irl soon. they could be a big seller if they get it right