Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: DF-710 on a CS-C4035E - - - C8140

Realign the tray by releasing the pressure of the belts on both sides and Bob's your uncle!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    DF-710 on a CS-C4035E - - - C8140

Quote Originally Posted by LarryMck View Post
    Old issue but I have a DF-760 on a 300ci with this c8140 error that is preforming very different.

The first stack exits to Tray A the tray then starts to move down as the second stack is forming in the finisher. The tray seems to get stuck and keep moving down like 6-8 inches then the machine halts and gives the c8140 code.

I think its a sensor problem have not had time to dig into this one to far. Not sure if its the main tray paper upper surface detection sensor, or where the hell that is in the parts manual.
    The holddown mechanism can cause this. If you follow those fingers back to rest position, some of the finisher has felt/foam pads on the backing plate these rest on to quiet down slamming noise.

What happened is that those pads got tacky and intermittently would prevent those holdown fingers from firing at the right timing. And since the upper limit sensor watches this action, the absence of this holdown finger will have the tray move lower until it hit the middle sensor and trigger c8140.

best is to tape over the pads.

try it, all our Falcons and Saturns with this finisher have not called back.

by watching the finisher, i'm guessing the process happens this way:

- Paper comes out to tray A, holdown activate, upper limit checks holdown presence, if yes, readjust tray level.

- if no, wait (while tray keeps moving lower)........., mid sensor triggered, code 8140 triggered.
    Last edited by jmaister; 08-18-2016 at 11:02 PM.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts jhalfhide's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: DF-710 on a CS-C4035E - - - C8140

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    The holddown mechanism can cause this. If you follow those fingers back to rest position, some of the finisher has felt/foam pads on the backing plate these rest on to quiet down slamming noise.

What happened is that those pads got tacky and intermittently would prevent those holdown fingers from firing at the right timing. And since the upper limit sensor watches this action, the absence of this holdown finger will have the tray move lower until it hit the middle sensor and trigger c8140.

best is to tape over the pads.

try it, all our Falcons and Saturns with this finisher have not called back.

by watching the finisher, i'm guessing the process happens this way:

- Paper comes out to tray A, holdown activate, upper limit checks holdown presence, if yes, readjust tray level.

- if no, wait (while tray keeps moving lower)........., mid sensor triggered, code 8140 triggered.
    Confirmed, this fixed it for me. Sticky fingers - always a problem.

Removed the pad, never went back!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk