Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Copystar CS-2020 error A0410

After the copier is idle for awhile, the customer gets an A0410 when lifting the ADF to make a copy on the platen glass. I've already replaced the ADF Driver PCB as recommended by the service manual. Does anybody have any suggestions before I take the next step and replace the Main PCB?

Did you check the harness and connectors for damage? Other than these, the boards are all that's left, unless you are having power line issues.
    Parker

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Luther's Avatar
    odes but it's actually an ADF communication error. Some have said you have to replace the ADF wiring harness, others say you have to replace the main board in the ADF, and I've had pretty good luck with putting an empty toner box behind the machine to prevent the ADF wiring harness from pushing against the wall...but last week I had one of these call back and decided I would get this issue figured out...What I found was that the error results from a poor grounding situation in the ADF Main board...In order for 2 logic boards to communicate effectively they must share a common ground. In this machine the frame of the ADF is plastic, so the grounding to the base machine required a little more creativity than the classic grounding strap on the hinge. If you look at the connector where the wiring harness plugs into the ADF Main PCB, there is an extra wire coming out of the side of the harness and into pin #1 of the connector. This is your ground wire. It ohms out to 0 resistance to the outer shield on the connector that screws into the back of the machine...so If you take your meter and clip it to pin #1 and put the other probe on a good frame screw on the back cover you should get good solid continuity up to a maximum of .003 ohms of resistance...now by wiggling the connector where it screws into the machine you see where the problem comes in...The outer shield of that connector (looks like an old joystick PC cable) is not making a solid connection and allows the "common ground" to come and go as the ADF is opened and closed. If you just crimp that metal just a little (with the connector pulled out of the machine...unplug from the wall first because this machine still gets power when the power switch is off) it will make a much more solid contact and you can see a dramatic difference on your meter...wiggle all you want the connection stays solid. Once this is done the C-0410 errors will be completely eliminated and you've spent nothing on parts. Good luck, I hope this helps you guys. -

P 1 Bulletin Boards Page Email Smarka! Home Page

(C) Smarka Inc. All rights reserved.

Technician

Thanks!

I never received an email alert from Copytechnet about your reply Luther. That's great information, since we still have the problem with that unit. It only does it if you don't raise the ADF high enough. Thanks for the extensive effort and passing on the info.