Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Km 1650, 2050, 2550

Km 1650, 2050, 2550

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone has tried to use the P.M. parts from a 2550 in a 2050 or 1650? I know the 2550 has a different part # because it has a yield double that of the other 2, but would it still work? The kits are about the same price, so it would be much more economical if I could use the 2550 kit on everything. If not everything in the kit, how about just the drum assy or fuser assy? Just looking at them, I really can't see a difference, so maybe someone else out there has given it a try.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar
    Even if you could get the parts to physically work in the wrong machine, you probably will void the warranty on the new kit. Have you ever tried to go through the warranty process with Kyocera? Not an easy process. Serial numbers have to match invoice numbers... Lots of paperwork involved.
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Km 1650, 2050, 2550

The drums are not the same. The Fusers are except you need to swap the little board from the press roller half so you can plug in the thermistor. Everything else is the same.

dhenderson
    Drums are different and made of different materials, the developers are also different. The fusers are the closest units and require the removal of a eeprom board from the 2550 part to work correctly in the 2050 or 1650. Not a viable solution.