Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 500ci

kyotech75

500ci

Is there anyone who knows a way to export the addresses from the fax of a KM-C2520 so they can be imported to a 500ci. The customer has over 300 numbers the salesman promised them they could be transfered. Other than entering them manually through km net viewer or killing the rep is there anything that can be done.
    Thanks

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    500ci

You probably already know that the Voyager series creates different backup file extensions than the Saturn series. There is a utility in which you can edit the an existing Voyager addressbook file, or an existing Saturn addressbook file, but there's no direct transfer method, that I know of.

Me? I'd invite the sales rep out to the site, sit him down at a PC on the customers network, and show him how he will be entering 300 addressbook entries through Command Center. Guaranteed, he'll ask before promising something like this again. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

kyotech75
    Yea, if only it were that easy. I knew that it could not be done but was hoping someone may have had an idea outside the box. Although technology is constantly changing, this profession will always be the same. The technicians will always have to clean up the reps messes

Senior Tech 100+ Posts ignacio.cortez's Avatar
    Here's an Idea, Print it, OCR it.... wait, isn't there an Address Book editor utility for these?

you might be able to do it, Print it, OCR it, then import it as a CSV...... Never done it, but it's worth a try

Technician
    hmmm, our local Kyocera rep wrote a little program that reads, converts and reuploads addresses from the olders machines to the newer wysecore units. I could ask for a copy next time he's in town if you like? Unfortunately it will probably be a few months away.