Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

300ci Network fax for 64bit windows 7

the office was already set up to network fax with windows xp and they upgraded 3 computers to windows 7, the three computers they upgraded are 64bit systems, the network fax on the server would not work with the new computers, i installed a new network fax locally, it all installs fine but when you got to use the network fax i get a error saying" This driver does not correspond to connected model" i have not had to deal with network fax very much so its possible im just missing something stupid.. thanks for any help

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Make sure that the firmware is current on the fax card.

I've seen this exact message. I had installed the fax card, but had not upgraded the firmware afterwards. It faxed normally, except for network fax. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

ok thanks

finally resolved this issue, been out there a few times to get it running... that problem was resolved by using the copystar driver not the kyocera driver... simple stupid mistake on my part.. then i got an error message that says " The driver is not configured with Port Monitor" ??? i do not what exactly that means, thats why im bringing this post back up to the top. I did however get the problem resolved and functioning correctly. first off i used the kyocera deleter and removed all kyocera print and nw fax drivers. and reloaded with the original disc with the machine, Not the nw fax driver on KMA, setup on the downloadable driver is a little different and would not work for some reason. then i reloaded everything again. i had to do this 3-4 times because of stupid things happening, print spooler shut down. etc etc etc. very very annoying. so finally i got it all to load and work correctly, even though i did not change what i was doing. one thing that changed was the port came up as a km84692? (this is not the correct numbering it is similar sorry i forgot to wright it down at the sight) instead of the printer IP. but it worked correctly. so i guess im asking all of you where did the driver get that port number and what does that error mean? i just love fixing something and not sure what exactly i did to fix it. thanks agian. oh by the way there was 2 computers at this sight one loaded first shot in minutes and ran fine.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

With that port, it looks like it's using the hostname rather than the IP address. I can tell you, the older versions used the KPrint port rather than the IP. Also, the network fax driver uses SNMP to call up the windows for the fax number info. I found out the hard way after disabling SNMP at a customers. Two months later, they wanted NW Fax installed & I had a tough time figuring it out.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook