Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KM 2525 colour

jhunsenpab

Post KM 2525 colour

hello guys........i just want to ask for any remedy to be done for this problem..
    Problem... a) During Auto gray calibration the first test chart copy is ok...
    b) second test chart copy..appear offset printing...i mean around a 2 inches black straight line appear in the middle copy..and some color toner backgrounds..
    c.) copy count printed in black and printer status page print quality are ok..

Done already... 1) change full maintenance kit.......
    kindly share some technical info to be done on this problem...thank you..

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM 2525 colour

I think it would help if you could attach a scan of the b) second test chart. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

monstott2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I think it would help if you could attach a scan of the b) second test chart. =^..^=
    I think I am seeing the same problem.. the first color copy or two may come out fine, but then seeing "ghosting" of images from 2 pages prior. Have replaced all 4 iu's, transfer belt and roller, and just for chuckles the fuser as well. It appears that the transfer belt is not getting cleaned properly, but no obstructions visable and it happens with 3 different transfer belts I have tried, one of which is new out of the box.

We started with issues with magenta toner all over 1/3 of the page up to full page and having ghosting issues, but normally only with magenta. Brought the machine in for work, did the PM and replaced a worn gear in the drive assembly. I have checked and rechecked the connectors to the boards since all of that had to be disassembled for the gear issue... ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

jhunsenpab

km 2525

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    please see attch...

thank you... Any help and suggestion are highly appreciated.....

regards..

jhunsenpab
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician
    Did you by chance clean the mirrors in the optics?

Because 1st copy is Internal it should come out good, But if the optics are all screwy you get it on your 2nd copy.

KM 2525 colour

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.silver View Post
    Did you by chance clean the mirrors in the optics?

Because 1st copy is Internal it should come out good, But if the optics are all screwy you get it on your 2nd copy.
    This is a calibration page. It doesn't come from the scanner.

I'll tell you what it's not:
    It's not primary charge. Primary charge problems present with a repeating pattern @ 38mm intervals.
    It's not primary or secondary transfer. Both would affect all colors equally, and your problem is clearly black-related.

It could be:
    Black developing. Extreme overtoning results in piles of black toner on top of the black developing unit. When it gets deep enough some will pass to the bottom of the transfer belt. Check sim U131, Auto. If the Actual value is more than 25 point different than the Target value, then you'll need to change the black developing unit.
    Black drum cleaning. The black cleaning auger may be broken. The cleaning unit and auger may be filled with toner rocks, preventing proper clearing of the waste toner. Both situations are often caused by vertical guide B1 not being latched properly. Usually there is a characteristic clicking noise that accompanies it. The drive for the waste toner portion of the toner cartridges passes through guide B1. As a simple test, open the sleeve covering the waste toner outlet for each color. If you see toner rocks, check all drum unit thoroughly. Also check the bevel gear drive in the hopper unit. You'll probably need to replace one or more drum unit.

There's a start. =^..^=

monstott2010
    I am getting the exact same bar of waste toner across the one I was talking about earlier... it is a mix of all colors not just black. Only difference on my problem machine is I have colored bands on either end as well, not just the "spilled cyan" on this one, however, the problem STARTED with just Magenta spilled toner very similar patterns... with that, the waste toner was not getting removed as the gears in the back were broken.... gears replaced and spilled toner gone, but the bar of waste toner still showing in the middle of the page....

KM 2525 colour

Quote Originally Posted by monstott2010 View Post
    I am getting the exact same bar of waste toner across the one I was talking about earlier... it is a mix of all colors not just black. Only difference on my problem machine is I have colored bands on either end as well, not just the "spilled cyan" on this one, however, the problem STARTED with just Magenta spilled toner very similar patterns... with that, the waste toner was not getting removed as the gears in the back were broken.... gears replaced and spilled toner gone, but the bar of waste toner still showing in the middle of the page....
    If you're seeing all colors examine the transfer cleaning unit. =^..^=

Technician

Belt cleaning maybe?

Hey guys, check these settings just in case:

U107 - Belt Clean (A)

We started getting machines with this problem, and I think upgraded firmware caused some biases to be changed in service mode. I think the machines used to come set with the paper size ranges in U107 set to 50,50,64 or something like that. Once we started setting the above service mode to 80,80,80 all of this kind of repeating image stuff went away. Essentially the belt does not have enough bias to clean itself properly.

Good luck!
    Chris

monstott2010
    Just had another machine start Cyan background on color copies... changed u107(a) to 80 (default was 90) and it cleaned it right up. This didn't totally help with the issues on my original machine though. It did help some with the heavy bar of colors down the middle, however, still have carry over on the pages. Not sure what else to try so far have replaced all of the IUs, Transfer belt, transfer roller, fuser, updated firmware and adjusted u107 down and up both, just to try to find a setting that may work better.....