Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    looking for feedback

Quote Originally Posted by kyocera.team View Post
    kyocera mita B/W are very good but for color machines ohhhh really headache
    I think we will mainly be focusing on the B/W series because of the cost difference on the canon B/W units
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

looking for feedback

Quote Originally Posted by MadCityCopy View Post
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf Taskalfa's. I dislike almost everything about them. Especially the color.

But out of all the brands I have worked on I found the Kyoceras seem to be the best. In all aspects. Maintence, ease of service, cost of service, consumables, the whole package. This new line of machines coming out seem intresting. The "tool-less" models. Customer support seems pretty spot on. Same with the KMA connect website. Id give it an A-.
    Thanks for the honesty. Sounds like most other brands I have worked on where a new line comes out and there are all kinds of issues, but the "updated parts" get the units running better.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts copygirl's Avatar
    I've worked on Kyocera's for a very long time and don't think you will be making a mistake. I see lots have complained about the color but I don't agree. Of course there will always be one or two that will be a pain but we have good service out of ours. Kyocera is making there machines not only operator friendly but tech friendly as well. Get your techs training. A machine is only as good as its tech.
    Ginger

looking for feedback

thanks Ginger. I think we are going to be starting training in March and we are really excited about this! Look forward to what is ahead of us on these units.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts kyocera.team's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by copygirl View Post
    I've worked on Kyocera's for a very long time and don't think you will be making a mistake. I see lots have complained about the color but I don't agree. Of course there will always be one or two that will be a pain but we have good service out of ours. Kyocera is making there machines not only operator friendly but tech friendly as well. Get your techs training. A machine is only as good as its tech.
    me too i have worked in kyocera more than 12 years but really color machines ohhhh big pain believe me ...

Watch out for the early Kyocera color...KM-830 and 850. High vol might be OK, I can't say, all mine are pretty low and eat drum and dv's. Best to not have under contract. Current Task Alfa colors run ok for us.

Personally, I'm not thrilled with the FS-1028 and 1128. I have had quite a few fuser failures from the upper housings warping which causes the thermostat to touch the HR, ruining it. Also jam problems from the clutch pack (DR-150). However most of all this is covered by the warranty.

I like the falcons (keep the filters and the M charger clean) and the KM-1820 (all problems seem fixable on these and you can dispose the waste toner to almost double the yield of the drum unit).

The KM-1650, 2050, 2550. TA 180-221. Seem to be running good for us, kinda cheap feeling.

Dave
    Last edited by daveh; 02-21-2011 at 05:56 PM.

looking for feedback

What kind of warrarnty does Kyocera give on the machines? And is it a straight forward program or do you have to jump through hoops to get the items covered?

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    looking for feedback

+1 on falcon series, love the b/w machines. There were designed to be simplistic(opposite over-engineering), minimal down time, easy to get to the parts.

colors, well, the 2nd generation is a big improvment of the first. KM honors the warranty pretty well, Cant wait to see what KM has in store for this year for color.

monstott2010
    Quote Originally Posted by charm5496 View Post
    What kind of warrarnty does Kyocera give on the machines? And is it a straight forward program or do you have to jump through hoops to get the items covered?
    Warranty isn't a big issue, just make sure you have documentation with everything you send.. also make sure you register all parts replaced, even PM kits... pay attention to the time frames as well, some parts have no shelf life when it comes to inventorying parts..

Kyocera machines are all pretty reliable, tech support is ok, but if you have techs that can read the service manuals, you can be just as good as tech support, they use the same manuals available to all techs.

Gar the pilot

Re: looking for feedback

Charm5496, now that you have worked on these for a few years what do you think? How do the Mita's compair to the Canon's? We are looking at picking up some canon service, so the compairson would be nice to see from the other side.
    Thank You
    Gar the Pilot