Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

fs 1128 toner adding issues

We are a dealer and we have out about 75 to 80 of these machines. My biggest issue is adding toner . We have better luck telling the customer to remove the developer unit and add the toner with the unit out of the machine. The blue cam handle won't take much force to break. Wish they had a easier way to add toner.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    One customer broke the dev cover somehow, so now I have them leave the dev unit inside the machine. The unlock mechanism is better than the 1820, but there's just not enough room in there.

Waste tanks are a problem too. I only have a few machines, but 2 have filled up their waste tanks at 50k.

Quote Originally Posted by aragul View Post
    One customer broke the dev cover somehow, so now I have them leave the dev unit inside the machine. The unlock mechanism is better than the 1820, but there's just not enough room in there.

Waste tanks are a problem too. I only have a few machines, but 2 have filled up their waste tanks at 50k.
    It can be emptied or you have to replace the Developing unit?
    ... In the minute that you're thinking of giving up, think about why you lasted so long ...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    It's in the drum unit, and it can be emptied, but I find it more annoying than emptying the 1820 (which often lasted 70k-80k).

Quote Originally Posted by aragul View Post
    It's in the drum unit, and it can be emptied, but I find it more annoying than emptying the 1820 (which often lasted 70k-80k).
    Then it's like many of Canon drums!
    Thanks for letting me respond.
    Aldo
    ... In the minute that you're thinking of giving up, think about why you lasted so long ...