Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Trixster
    The New Alphard machines are really nice, alot of new improvments such as the 3 new counter readings (Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3) which can be customized. The new developing Carrier Auto Streaming System I believe will keep the print quality good for a long time due to the carrier repleshing. The Covers are a bit tricky if you've never done it before, but like all machines once you get the nack of it, it goes quiet quick. The booklet folder now also does Tri-folding. 300 dpi b/w scanning speeds of 200 images per minute (duplex) on the High speed models and super responsive touch panel is also cool. Looking forward to seeing them in the field.

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    New Kyocera release schedule

*drool, have not seen one in person yet.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

what do you think..

what do you think about the feed tire size/unit being the exact same for the 35ppm and the 80 ppm machines!?

the 820 had bigger feed tires, heavier duty chassis all around, easily reach 7, 8 million total prints...?... can the new 8000i measure up?

guy

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aragul View Post
    I meant that installing a finisher looks really annoying.
    You are correct sir. That attachment kit is a nightmare.
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo1 View Post
    You are correct sir. That attachment kit is a nightmare.
    We had Kyocera visit to give us a basic training on this model. yeah the attachment kit was a challenge but I suppose its just a case of getting used to it and finding new tricks to install it.

seep

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: what do you think..

Quote Originally Posted by bronco31 View Post
    what do you think about the feed tire size/unit being the exact same for the 35ppm and the 80 ppm machines!?

the 820 had bigger feed tires, heavier duty chassis all around, easily reach 7, 8 million total prints...?... can the new 8000i measure up?

guy

We have this 8000i or (8000MF Olivetti) machine .
    Tray 3-4 jamming a lot, 50%wear out on tyres and it jamming like hell, Only using tray 1-2 as they are so far OK.. SUPPOSE TO LAST 500k..ehm unless there is a pre interval of adjusting the timing it will definitely not last. Ordered new tyres and see if reliability improves or not. Going to check more infos for now.

Re: New Kyocera release schedule

Are they the J6310 and J6510 jams when running large jobs to the finisher? there is a bulletin out on that for adjusting a sensor.
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    Are they the J6310 and J6510 jams when running large jobs to the finisher? there is a bulletin out on that for adjusting a sensor.
    I know this is an oldie ... but the bulletin does not fix it. My machine was also doing C8100 errors. I found two things:

1) The finisher guide D4 slips out of the holes in the frames. Essentially the top guide is laying on top of the lower guide, and the paper must push past. You'll find two pieces of paper in D4 right around page 30 of a 50 page stapled set. I just warmed up the ears with a lighter and formed them outward a little, so there is a little spring pressure against the front and rear frames.

2) After watching it consistently jam around 40 pages to tray A, I eventually got around to keying the front door and watching the operation of the Eject Unlock section. That's the upper jaw of the stapling tray that moves up and down. The eject release motor raises up this section at 30 pages, then again around 40 pages. I noticed that the motor would advance a few teeth, then fall back down (then jam). It does the same thing in U240 > Motor > Eject Unlock (30), (50), (Fix), and (Full). After swapping this motor with another identical motor (there are at least 4 identical motors in the back), I concluded that it was not a motor failure, the Eject Unlock section was just too difficult for the motor to hold or lift. Once I had dug all the way down to the Eject Unlock section, I could see that it was very difficult to raise the section. During my fiddling there was a fortunate accident. One of the springs fell off that supports the lower black guides. It got very easy to operate suddenly. There were two springs at the center of the Eject Unlock section. One medium heavy spring and one very soft spring. It was the medium heavy spring that fell off, and I left it off. The soft spring works quite nicely to support the black guide. And if you check the parts manual, it shows two of the soft springs.

It may be possible to rearrange those springs from the inside. It didn't occur to me until after I left that there might have been an easy way.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

My situation had to be tech error. I looked at three DF-790's, and none of them were like my problem machine. In the picture there are two mostly vertical springs in the center. It was the spring toward the left that was too beefy. The pic is how it should look.

And there is no way somebody with fat hands like me could do anything with those springs, from the front. The moment my hands are in there I can't see anything ... but my arms. =^..^=

J6310_J6510_C8100_DF-790.JPG
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=