Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Falcon 2 LCT

Falcon 2 LCT

the machine will run one copy, any page amount then then throw jam 12. says open cassette remove paper and close... the jam does not reset paper does not try to feed. i am thinking that it is the 4 paper sensors causing this problem? anyone seen this before. ill be going back on Monday. thanks for the info

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Falcon 2 LCT

I'm not sure what you've done, but routine maintenance is to clean the spring clutch on the sep assembly (make sure both of the normal springs are there too), replace the mylar at the paper feed-in, replace upper/lower feed pulleys and both pick-up pulleys.

"Getter Done"

Thumbs up You can do it.

Shep, The previous reply is right about change all roller clean springs etc. If your the first tech to recently work on this machine, focus left paper tray first will it lift a full load of paper and motor cycle and say ready to copy it may not be sensors. basic's check mylars, the black ones on the tray left one gets a cut groove from high volume. pull out roller unit the plastic cheap tab will break that holds left roller and clutch to plastic frame epoxy it quick fix and it works. all photo interrupt sensor are same you can swap them see if problem changes, check the 2 sensors inside of frame for lift up, one can pop out, clean paper trash in back helps. the 2 one way gears between both gray rollers need to have the shafts sanded and clean or replace O/W gears. I've seen techs replace all sensors and 4 clutches and still not fix it and go behind them and find a lose connector. The board on the back will go out it controls the rollers and timing. This tray tends to give many problems after 1/2 mill. testing is key -do paper 1,2 also feed ok will paper feed across from right side to left one sheet and still say ready to copy. do the lift up trays sit level ther lift gears can become out of sink and need to be level. Any of this could help or fix this i've seem many thing fix this one problem. Your best try is find a working lct feed unit of a working machine and tell you if its in roller unit or back side drive and pwb. Peace and good Luck "Shep."

clean all the oneway bearings in the LCC feed assy. they sometime slip. good luck